Metal Guitarist Forums banner

?

• All of them.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Most of them, but you would still have some because you use boutique solder.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Your tone already sounds like a homeless man taking a shit in a trashcan. Fuck you.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Noodles.

Votes: 7 41.2%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
See, Johnsen gets corksniffer points for having two. One of them is clearly sonically superior in a mix while the other has extra "mojo" that no other HM-2 he's ever tried can match.

Gotta have both!

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
The HM-2 is fun, unique, and easily found for ~$20. Get one.

I have two HM-2s, too, but probably for different reasons. I thought the first one I bought was broken, so I got another one, but it sounded the same, so I guess that's what it was supposed to sound like. :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They go for a premium on ebay. They are the corksniffer pedal of grim and brutal. :lol:

All the BIN ones that aren't beat to shit are ~$100. Usually the beat to shit ones that start lower go for like $50.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Got a Maxon od808 in the mail as we speak. :yesway:

But I still want an hm-2. :lol:
I used a Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal through a Crate practice amp for 3 years :lol: Talk about ragged death metal tone! First guitar was a First Act and then an Ibanez Gio :eek:

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
They go for a premium on ebay. They are the corksniffer pedal of grim and brutal. :lol:

All the BIN ones that aren't beat to shit are ~$100. Usually the beat to shit ones that start lower go for like $50.
Just keep an eye out on Craigslist, or take a chance on the one on eBay that's $20 right now. It's the MIJ version, even.

I used a Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal through a Crate practice amp for 3 years :lol: Talk about ragged death metal tone! First guitar was a First Act and then an Ibanez Gio :eek:
I had a Death Metal pedal, too, but since mine was the older DOD version, it was obviously better, being the original and all.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
In my book you'd gain some toan points :devil:

Yeah cheapest I've seen an HM-2 on ebay is 35-40 bucks and they were scratched to hell. Don't forget to check used.guitarcenter.com / musicgoround

I've seen a local band called Fatalist live with Hm-2's maxed out into Peavey Valvekings and the sound was brutally awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts