Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Sweet. I been meaning to soft mod my wii and was gonna put up a thread here. I seen many online but wasnt sure what would be best.

Also I have the newest Wii the black version does that make a difference?

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet. I been meaning to soft mod my wii and was gonna put up a thread here. I seen many online but wasnt sure what would be best.

Also I have the newest Wii the black version does that make a difference?
As long as you have the latest (4.3) system update, it'll work fine. The only thing is you won't be able to install the "Boot Mii" loader, that only works on pre mid-08 Wiis. The only thing that Boot Mii allows you to do is make your system boot like GRUB so you can make system backups. But that only works on older ones as I said. (I have an older Wii, so we installed it on mine, but I don't forsee ever using it, we just did it because we could)

I watched my friend do the hack as another friend took pictures of the process, it's stupid easy. The only snag we had was with the SD card. For some reason, neither of my 8gb SD cards worked in the Wii. We ended up using one of my old 2gb Micro SD cards in an adapter. Not sure what was up with that.

Also, tip, use a wired Gamecube controller, we tried using my Wavebird, but for some reason it wouldn't read it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.