1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

Is this the video Chris? If not it's still funny as fuck. :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hahaha how have I never heard of Shred Durst before this shit is funny.

And dang that first video, he seems like he is just spasming his hand :ugh:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
It actually doesn't bother me. :shrug: I'll agree that it's not good vibrato. I don't play anything like that. My vibrato is generally quite a bit slower and more focused than that. But I don't see why it bothers people so much.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dear Shred Durst,

Been listenin to some Pantera and came across some shit called "pinch harmonics," what the fuck am dose?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wow, that vibrato is actually worse than mine. And I'm pretty much a "grab the string and flail it" kinda guy. :lol:

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Yeah, If you bend just a bit, you're already "off" and wiggling from that position just makes it sound more grating & obvious.

Worst vibrato technique ever imo belongs to Francesco ferreri (sp?). I could'nt believe what I was hearing the first time someone showed me some of his stuff...

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
This isn't the technique forum, but if anybody is unhappy with the state of their vibrato, start with simply bending and unbending the string slowly, evenly and in rhythm. That way you don't sound sharp. Worry about speed and intensity later. :yesway:

"That sounds like C.C. DeVille on a good day." :lol:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Hammett's vibrato pissed me off before I even began playing guitar.

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
Yeah, If you bend just a bit, you're already "off" and wiggling from that position just makes it sound more grating & obvious.

Worst vibrato technique ever imo belongs to Francesco ferreri (sp?). I could'nt believe what I was hearing the first time someone showed me some of his stuff...
Fareri.
Yeah, that dude has HORRIBLE vibrato and on top of that he is ridiculously sloppy, always trying to play faster than what he can actually do.
It's because of guys like him that I basically stopped paying attention to the instrumental rock/shred guitar scene

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Awesome solo. Kerry King vibrato. :(
You know, I think you're overly paranoid about fast vibrato because of that video, so I came in here fully expecting to disagree with you and think it was just kind of average-y.

Nope. That's really legitimately bad. :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts