Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick guide on how I set mine up. Basic stuff, but might save someone a google. Here's the basics under OSX - I believe it's different in Windows, and YMMV, but this is what worked for me.

First, go over to the Reaper WIKI and download the Keymap and scene file.

Scene file at Cockos

Copy of it hosted here at MG.

Then go into Korg Kontrol Editor and open the scene file.

Once that's done, in Reaper:

Preferences > Audio > MIDI Devices - Enable the controller. In Windows I think this may show up as the actual name of the device, but for whatever reason mine shows up as "SLIDER/KNOB".

To rename it (if you give a shit) right click it, Configure, and give it an alias.

Once that's done, note that tt will be disabled by default, so right click on it and enable it w/control:

Then head on over to Preferences > General > Keyboard.

Click "Assign keyboard shortcuts to actions or change existing shortcuts" which brings up this window here. Then click Import/export.

Import the keymap in the zip file from the wiki/patch library. That's it! Push buttons, record stuff, forge metal! :metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you know in logic, I just plug in the usb and it works... :)

But that is some serious effort of a thread!
It's really only about a 30 second job - plug the thing in, enable it in Reaper, load the keymap, done. I just like to be helpful where I can though. :lol:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83G; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Can you change what tracks it operates on the fly? I've been eyening these used for $30 but I need a bigger desk so i'd have a place to put it. I also wish there was a wireless version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a quick guide on how I set mine up. Basic stuff, but might save someone a google. Here's the basics under OSX - I believe it's different in Windows, and YMMV, but this is what worked for me.

First, go over to the Reaper WIKI and download the Keymap and scene file.

Scene file at Cockos

Copy of it hosted here at MG.

Then go into Korg Kontrol Editor and open the scene file.

Once that's done, in Reaper:

Preferences > Audio > MIDI Devices - Enable the controller. In Windows I think this may show up as the actual name of the device, but for whatever reason mine shows up as "SLIDER/KNOB".

To rename it (if you give a shit) right click it, Configure, and give it an alias.

Once that's done, note that tt will be disabled by default, so right click on it and enable it w/control:

Then head on over to Preferences > General > Keyboard.

Click "Assign keyboard shortcuts to actions or change existing shortcuts" which brings up this window here. Then click Import/export.

Import the keymap in the zip file from the wiki/patch library. That's it! Push buttons, record stuff, forge metal! :metal:

Hey man! I know it's an old thread but for some reason I can't get the nanokontrol 2 to work with Reaper. Atleast not how it's supposed to! For some reason the record, solo and mute buttons don't stay on! And I can't seem to be able to edit the file and save the keymapping with korg kontrol editor. Any help would be hugely appreciated! Thanks in advance! :metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't owned the Korg in many moons, unfortunately. You're probably better off asking at the Reaper forums, since it's just a generic MIDI controller. There might be a setting somewhere to change the buttons from a permanent toggle to an off/on-when-pressed state or something like that.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
I have the Korg Nanopad2 mainly for the XY touch surface. I thought you would be able to just plug it in and it would work like most USB controllers but you have to install a driver to get the touch surface to communicate with your computer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts