Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my rack was full of cables even though I only had two components in it. Yes, I own a rack. :squint:

It was working, but the best I could do was to zip-tie my power cables into a loose butterfly to minimize impedance loops and keep them somewhat organized. Why manufacturers don't ship rack components with at least optional 12-18" power cords is beyond me. The Rocktron wall wart had also fallen out of its socket despite being strapped down with a zip-tie, so I knew I had to improve my setup.

First: Administrated Dio and H&H acquired at Borders for half price. :metal:

Second: Old rig. James says :noway:.

Third: New rig. Handmade 12" and 18" power cords with good quality, tight-fitting connectors (the Carvin power cord especially was very loose in its socket). Handmade 18" XLR cable. Tied up the Rocktron power cable (for phantom power to the MIDI controller through the Snax) and buried it on the floor. Industrial Velcro and zip-ties apply down and side pressure on the power conditioner and Rocktron wall wart.
:winning:

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
Nice rack...but I'll arrange this one. :D

*** MOD EDIT: NSFW *** NSFW ***

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Oh, I missed the part where you said that was a power conditioner. What I meant to say was to get a 1u.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Dude, get a rack power conditioner. At once.
He doesn't need one. A power strip/strip-type conditioner is cheaper, works just as well and saves you 1U.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
He doesn't need one. A power strip/strip-type conditioner is cheaper, works just as well and saves you 1U.
Quite, but, it has no visible blinky lights, therefore your argument is invalid.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quite, but, it has no visible blinky lights, therefore your argument is invalid.
Most 1U power strips don't have much in the way of blinky lights. Even the best of them pale in comparison to The BLOD 1U That Chris And Vince Have. Ergo, I have saved room for more blinky lights. ;)

Plus it was less than fitty bucks. :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts