Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
This is a great move for both companies. WebOS on phones, tablets and netbooks could be huge.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I very much like WebOS on my old Palm Pre. Put it on proper hardware, jump to version 2.0, and i'm jumping back.

HP can help them get there. :yesway:

And yes, i'm first in line for a WebOS tablet.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Interesting...

But I'll say that the Palm hardware felt like cheap garbage to me, and the recent HP laptops felt like cheap garbage to me (with horrid keyboards). I'm not holding my breath for anything revolutionary.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Interesting...

But I'll say that the Palm hardware felt like cheap garbage to me, and the recent HP laptops felt like cheap garbage to me (with horrid keyboards). I'm not holding my breath for anything revolutionary.
One word, iPaq.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Perhaps....admittedly I'm not a fan of either company at the moment, I feel that they've lost their edge and have little to offer. They just don't have any product or service that another company can't do better.

Your point still stands though, if they can compete, it's certainly not a bad thing. It means that I will get a better Android tablet :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Interesting...

However, their server hardware is the best Linux solution on the market. So, it could go either way.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
However, their server hardware is the best Linux solution on the market. So, it could go either way.
Oh? I've never seen their server stuff, since our datacenter is almost 100% Dell.

In the average consumer market though...I really see nothing impressive coming from them.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Oh? I've never seen their server stuff, since our datacenter is almost 100% Dell.

In the average consumer market though...I really see nothing impressive coming from them.
I don't know about their laptops, but their desktops always impressed me. Mainly because they used ASUS stuff (of which i'm a big fan). My 4 year old HP Desktop is a solid piece, and has stood up to all the abuse i've thrown at it with hardware etc...

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts

Dell is 100% bleh compared to HP Proliants :lol: you could have your Proliant fall out of the back of a truck and it would still be running when you picked it up :lol: Dells work but Proliants are just much more solid in every way.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I don't know about their laptops, but their desktops always impressed me. Mainly because they used ASUS stuff (of which i'm a big fan). My 4 year old HP Desktop is a solid piece, and has stood up to all the abuse i've thrown at it with hardware etc...
Yeah we've got an HP here that's a Pentium 4 Dual Core, and it's still plugging along, decent machine.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Dell is 100% bleh compared to HP Proliants :lol: you could have your Proliant fall out of the back of a truck and it would still be running when you picked it up :lol: Dells work but Proliants are just much more solid in every way.
:lol: Gotcha. I'm just not familiar with their server hardware :yesway:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
The thing with desktops, is that anyone can build a solid desktop. There is no real innovation going on, it's just...Design a nice case and motherboard, and populate it with good parts from other companies. They don't have to really develop anything to build a desktop PC.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts