Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned itself off last night, refused to turn back on. Pulled the battery, put it back in, turned it on, and it turned itself right back off again. Charged it overnight, still won't turn on. Pulled the battery again, no dice. Guess I'm going to the Sprint store today.

Fuck you, Google! :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Heh. To be honest, there's been a lot of issues like that with *all* the smartphones - Verizon sent me a new Omnia rather than running the firmware update on it, since it bricks the phone like 40% of the time. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to Sprint last night, and they basically said I'd be getting a new phone, since it was easier than trying to fix it. :lol:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I'm assuming you had a gmail account or some other account to store your contacts? Almost sounds like you got the 2.1 update forced to you, or some other update, and that bricked it, but I dunno.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I store all my contacts in GMail, so I'm not worried about loosing anything. What sucks is I will have to setup my desktop again, re-download all my apps, re-enter all my accounts/passwords, etc. :/

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Yeah, I store all my contacts in GMail, so I'm not worried about loosing anything. What sucks is I will have to setup my desktop again, re-download all my apps, re-enter all my accounts/passwords, etc. :/
Yeah that always sucks... I've got a full backup of my user data on my SD Card, in case I ever need to wipe my phone, but I had to root and load a special recovery boot loader into my phone, not really something most people want to do :lol: I really like the integration with gmail though.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I'm kind of torn on getting another phone. Work gives me a Blackberry, but I'm not allowed to text (which is the preferred method of communication of like 90% of my friends) and it's locked down so I can't install IM clients on it. Only 2 of my friends have a Blackberry so Blackberry Messenger doesn't really cut it, although it is nice for communicating with those 2 people.

At the same time, I hate to actually go and pay for another phone when I have a Blackberry :lol: I do get a 40% discount on service though since I work for the telco.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took it to the store today, turned out to be the battery completely bit it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts