Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brother ended up buying a ton of garage related shit from some dude on Craigslist. And he had a 10' track of "Gladiator" garage system track that he just gave to my brother. Well I was planning on doing this for a while now, so I got the track for free, and just went out and bought the hooks.

Check it out, its so perfect!

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
First I remember that F207 :yum:

and 2nd what the hell is going on with that 7 with the word "SEVEN" ... Still :yesway: You should send me a few of those guitars... :D

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

Dude, that looks badass! :metal:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I dont see an rga8 with the mid destroying switch?

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Yup. Hang a bunch of rakes and shovels on those hooks and your basement looks like a garage. I'm surprised you didn't hang them in a V shape. ;)

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Nice job Rog. :yesway:

My wall approves of your wall. :D

I used walnut and Herc hangers. This shot is actually from the old house but I recently remounted them in the new place. Only thing that's changed is some of the axes. I've got a new addition on the way so maybe I'll grab some new shots once the new hardware arrives. :cool:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Nice walls!

But Rog, you don't have anything with single coils :scratch:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

Kagami said:
Man that rhoads is so awesome.
Yes, it is. It plays fantastic, too. It is also a back-routed Rhoads with a top mount Floyd, making it pretty rare.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First I remember that F207 :yum:

and 2nd what the hell is going on with that 7 with the word "SEVEN" ... Still :yesway: You should send me a few of those guitars... :D
I used that guitar with my Halloween costume. I was **** Thompson from Slipknot.

Yup. Hang a bunch of rakes and shovels on those hooks and your basement looks like a garage. I'm surprised you didn't hang them in a V shape. ;)
I wouldn't be able to do that, because the hooks don't rotate, not to mention they're in a track groove, so they'd prolly slide down over time. AND I have that bench right underneath them, so I don't have the room that low.

Nice job Rog. :yesway:

My wall approves of your wall. :D

I used walnut and Herc hangers. This shot is actually from the old house but I recently remounted them in the new place. Only thing that's changed is some of the axes. I've got a new addition on the way so maybe I'll grab some new shots once the new hardware arrives. :cool:
Thanks, I like yours too. Again, if I didn't have the bench directly underneath it, I coulda done a 2 tier'd look to it. But this works out really really well.

Nice walls!

But Rog, you don't have anything with single coils :scratch:
Why the hell would I need something with single coils?? :scratch:

(FWIW, the Ibanez's coil tap in the 4th position, which sounds nice and glassy)

Yes, it is. It plays fantastic, too. It is also a back-routed Rhoads with a top mount Floyd, making it pretty rare.
I got SO lucky buying that thing. Didn't know/realize it was a custom shop guitar. Can't believe I got it for $650+tx, with the case :fawk:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
You mean you really don't like just getting back to your guitarist roots with the singles, a clean channel, some OD and some beers?

You don't like blues?

:(

:)lol:)

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I got SO lucky buying that thing. Didn't know/realize it was a custom shop guitar. Can't believe I got it for $650+tx, with the case :fawk:
WTF $650? You lucky fucking bastard... :eek:

All of the USA Jacksons from the 80s were custom shop, though. The reason some seem like "standard" models is because music stores would order batches of them with common features. Yours looks like it was ordered by an individual customer at a store, rather than the manager of the guitar department.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You mean you really don't like just getting back to your guitarist roots with the singles, a clean channel, some OD and some beers?

You don't like blues?

:(

:)lol:)
Nope. Not to play at least. I'm 100% :metal:

WTF $650? You lucky fucking bastard... :eek:

All of the USA Jacksons from the 80s were custom shop, though. The reason some seem like "standard" models is because music stores would order batches of them with common features. Yours looks like it was ordered by an individual customer at a store, rather than the manager of the guitar department.
Ohhhh, TRUST me Dave, I know how lucky I am!! And actually, it was ordered by a customer. I wrote Jackson, pre-Fender, and they sent me a copy of the actual order form! :yesway:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
So you didnt want to go All out and just get the MTM1? or the Warlock Sig with HATE across the first 4 frets? :lol: still nice gear.. and now that I see what that rhoads is, I want it... :D

Well I want everything one that wall.... :lol:

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I figured spending $4 on stickers would suffice for a Halloween costume... not to mention, its a seven string... so I think its funny to leave it on there lol

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Putting the letters on the side of the headstock of the Ibanez 7 string so you see what the tuning is is a great idea.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
nice regor! Is that bass a 405? I've got the exact same one

1 - 20 of 32 Posts