1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
There's always this. :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
How small do you need? Fractal FM3 would do it.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Mooer? I know Toshiro has one of some sort. I do like the HX Stomp, though. Very versatile if you're just looking for straight forward sounds.

·

745 Posts
I Don’t believe there any any others on the market that tick ALL of the boxes you listed. If you really want to cover all your options (but with some compromises) you could look at Mooer GE250 and Hotone Ampero.

That said, when I had to choose, I went with the stomp.

·
I Am The Tweaker
490 Posts
I have a Preamp Live and if you're just looking for basic tones and don't need any extra effects like modulation, delay, etc... then it's fairly decent considering the price.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mooer? I know Toshiro has one of some sort. I do like the HX Stomp, though. Very versatile if you're just looking for straight forward sounds.
Forgot to add one important thing; needs built in FX :)
Not interested in using external pedals n stuff.

But its a very good unit, I saw a band live a few days ago where one guy used a Mooer Preamp Live and it sounded good!

How small do you need? Fractal FM3 would do it.
Yeah that looks about right yes!

Maybe a bit pricey for me at the moment. But on the other hand maybe the most high-tech unit of them all so far.

AND my bandmate uses a AX8 so we could probably get more consistant live tone with each other if we would think using these things.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I Don't believe there any any others on the market that tick ALL of the boxes you listed. If you really want to cover all your options (but with some compromises) you could look at Mooer GE250 and Hotone Ampero.

That said, when I had to choose, I went with the stomp.
The GE250 has no MIDI in, so thats a turnoff.

The Hotone Ampero has a MIDI in, so thats cool... But I really dont wanna buy something with a wah pedal attached to it, because its something I would never use anyway so its just wasting space

Thanks for suggestions tho :)

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Wait a bit for the Fractal FM3.

Also:

With the same IR these things sound almost all the same. Not 100% but very close.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Ced, look at an atomic amplifire. I've got the 3 button, but there is also a 6 and 12 button version.

It ticks all of your boxes, and the amp modelling IMHO is better than axe fx standard, and helix. I believe it also imports IRs at a higher resolution. It's a tiny bit bigger than the stomp but sounds better, I'm controlling it thru midi while it sits on my rack. It has xlr outputs, and built in fx. There is no built in expression pedal, but you can add one easily enough if you dont use the fx loop return (it doubles up as exp input).

The interface is a bit clunky to use, but other wise it's really good.

And they can be had cheaper than a stomp if you go used.

·
The Warmoth Guy
36 Posts
Ced, look at an atomic amplifire. I've got the 3 button, but there is also a 6 and 12 button version.

It ticks all of your boxes, and the amp modelling IMHO is better than axe fx standard, and helix. I believe it also imports IRs at a higher resolution. It's a tiny bit bigger than the stomp but sounds better, I'm controlling it thru midi while it sits on my rack. It has xlr puts, and built in fx.

The interface is a bit clunky to use, but other wise it's really good.

And they can be had cheaper than a stomp if you go used.
Agree...with all of it. I have the Amplifire 6, and it's freakin' fantastic. UI isn't too bad, once you get used to it. If you're somebody that like to tweak every parameter under the sun it's not for you. If you're the kind that likes to dial in sounds quickly and go....it's a dream come true.

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
I was reading another forum today and someone was talking about how they returned their Headrush and picked up the Hotone Ampero. Ola even reviewed it here:

It checks off some of your items and doesn't in others. FWIW, the guy didn't like the Headrush because he thought it was too noisy & the built-in noise gate had to be cranked so much that it would eat note sustain. Guy seems to be real happy with the Ampero as a replacement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts