Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Madcap Funster
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am recording a new album, please rate my guitar tones - cheers !

The clips are from 5 of the 14 album tracks and are unfinished at this time. I am using a bunch of different 6-string guitars in general and 2 of them for each song ( left & right ). The guitars used on each track each have 1 of the following pickups mounted onto them : EMG-81, Seymour Duncan SH-4JB, SH-5, SH-8 Invader.

There are no vocals at this time, some of the tunes have temporary drums that I`ve mixed in from the Drums from Hell drumloop Collection ( not to be confused with - Drumkit from Hell V-Drums ), each clip is 1 - 2 mins long and the guitars are tuned to D or D Flat

Recording kit used here :

I have an M-Audio based Pro tools home studio set up and for the guitars I`m using a Marshall DSL-100 Amp, Marshall 1960A Cab that has been mic-ed up with a Shure SM57 ( close ) & SM-58 ( far ) microphone. I have also used an old Ibanez Soundtank tube screamer pedal as a pre-amp.

here are the 128k bit rate mp3s, the clips that I have just uploaded have the word COCS in the title :

http://www.soundclick.com/corporationofcorpsestealers

Let me know what you think ?

Horns up, Stay Dark, Paint it Black

cheers

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Dude, those guitar tones sound pretty damn good! Dammit, why am I the only one that can't make a guitar sound good :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts