Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking to get a 5 string and had it narrowed down to a Jazz of some type or the Sterling Stingray 5. I wanted active pups and something decent but not super expensive.

so the winner was...

Squier Jazz V HH Active

Has a crazy graduated looking roasted neck that i kinda like... And I quite liked the color.

A real funny thing when my Sweetwater rep called me after i placed the order they guys phone number had this as his name :rofl:

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
That is a great looking bass... I laugh too when my annoying Sweetwater rep calls me and it comes in as the Tesla Charger :rofl:

Reactions: 343

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Those are seriously nice basses, and that finish is particularly nice.

Reactions: 343

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are seriously nice basses, and that finish is particularly nice.
I was wondering what you thought about these and almost pmed you to see.

Yeah the finish was what made me pull the trigger. I guess its a Sweetwater exclusive color. I kinda wish it had the metal control plate so i may pick one up and add one. It kinda sucks that the pickups are active boost only but they sound pretty good and do give the nice jbass tone.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Sweet Jesus this thing is heavy as hell. Its like 2 Les Pauls after spending a month on an all you can eat cruise heavy.

It needs a setup - desperately.

The tuners are kind of shit (may throw some HB7s on it)

It sounds pretty good (playing through the HX Stomp)

Going to take a while getting used to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.