Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up today:

Some pics from the previous owner:

It's an 87 635CSi, has 149k on the clock, in decent shape overall, some attention needed. Guy wanted 2300, I low-balled the shit out of him with an initial $1500 offer, he shot back with $1700, I said sold :rofl: It drives great, has plenty of power, the 3.5l I6 is very smooth and torquey. Really, really happy with my purchase. Replace the Pathfinder as my daily, quite well indeed.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I always loved the looks of that period, especially the separate dual headlights and sharp creases.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm loving it. It's quick, agile, comfortable, gets great gas mileage. It needs a little bit of attention, which it will get this weekend, but other than that, it'll be a great car.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
From the looks of it, it was really taken care of.

Even if that car came with no engine and no chance of ever running again you got one hell of a deal since owning a BMW is so much snob win. If I had a spare 2k sitting around I would have grabbed that thing in a second just so I can look at people and say '"I drive a BMW". :yesway:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What kind of work does it need?
The bushings in the back are in rough shape, it needs an alignment to correct the horrible negative camber, and the transmission's 4th gear syncro is going out. I've already got a spare transmission to swap in, so I'll take care of it soon. I've already got the bushings because I got an entire rear end for this car for free.

I put the 255's I was running on my 330 on the back of this(it only had 215's), but now it rubs. Tomorrow I'll be picking up some 5mm spacers, will also fill out the wheel wells a little better. I also found out today that the rims are the real deal, not replica's, meaning they're actual BBS rims, made for BMW. They're worth a pretty penny.

I also popped a belt today, on the way to get those tires swapped. I was bringing it to a friend, he replaced both belts at a discount and swapped the tires+balanced them for free.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From the looks of it, it was really taken care of.

Even if that car came with no engine and no chance of ever running again you got one hell of a deal since owning a BMW is so much snob win. If I had a spare 2k sitting around I would have grabbed that thing in a second just so I can look at people and say '"I drive a BMW". :yesway:
This is my 3rd BMW, though only my 2nd running one :lol: I shouldn't be buying BMW's after the BS BMW put me through on the white one, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment :rofl:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just finished installing the wheel spacers. Decided to go with 12mm spacers instead, the back wheels look great now. Next month I'll put some 12mm spacers on the front as well.

Before 12mm spacers:

After:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also probably don't rub anymore :lol:
:rofl: Absolutely no rubbage. I finally got to drive it a little more spiritedly, and it is incredible. The 255's on the rear really did the trick, so much better than the damned 215's the previous owner put on the rear(while he put 225's on the front, fucking dipshit). Now it's a proper staggered setup, and it grips. I didn't think I'd find another car so soon that puts a shit-eating grin on my face so often, but this thing is just what I was looking for. Hell, every time I look out my window at the car, I smile. That says a lot in itself.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts