Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mass Rejection are an industrial/goth rock/metal band in my neck of the woods. They needed a guitar solo for their track Society, and since my friend/co producer/bandmate was recording them in the same studio as I did my album. I was happy to oblige.

For fans of White Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Murderdolls, check these guys out.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I'l check this out tonight, since this is probably badass. :metal:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Your lead was pretty killer, but that band should die a thousand deaths :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I'll second not really loving the band, but that's a great lead break. :metal:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, and I appreciate the honesty. :lol:

To be honest, the music isn't my cup of tea, and I sort of saw the 'critique' from this forum coming. :lol: These guys are still young upstarts so who knows how they'll evolve.

As for the lead, I made a conscious effort to make sure it suits the song. I didn't want to overshred nor play something token. I'm actually surprised on how the tone turned out in the final mix, considering I just used a distortion pedal on a Fender amp. :lol:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Solo is definitely the best part of the song. Good job!

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
I agree, the solo was the best part.

And I've heard a lot of startup bands... these guys aren't great, but they're not the worst I've heard. I wish them luck.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Thanks guys, and I appreciate the honesty. :lol:

To be honest, the music isn't my cup of tea, and I sort of saw the 'critique' from this forum coming. :lol: These guys are still young upstarts so who knows how they'll evolve.

As for the lead, I made a conscious effort to make sure it suits the song. I didn't want to overshred nor play something token. I'm actually surprised on how the tone turned out in the final mix, considering I just used a distortion pedal on a Fender amp. :lol:
Eh, fuck it - there's a whole lot of music out there, people gravitate to different stuff, whatever. It's competently done, just not my cup of tea.

...except for the solo, of course, where you exceed "competent" by a pretty fair margin. :metal:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts