Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two months of researching amps very thoroughly I finally made a decision! It's gonna be 2-3 weeks until I can put these babies to work (there is still a shortage!) and I can't wait :lol: I'm gonna be broke for a while after this but from what I've seen/read/heard I'm sure it will be well worth it.

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I really went 'all in' :lol: I've been meaning to upgrade my gear for a while now because I am sick and tired of my current setup. I've saved up enough to get me a good amp but eventually opted for the Axe FX because it suits my needs better.

I went with the passive cab because I like flexibility and I really like the idea of getting a second cab down the road for stereo operation. Plus the difference in price was not great, it was only €130 less if I went with the active one. I thought it would be worth getting an amp with a passive cab for €130 more, you never know what the future will bring! :)

I'm so looking forward getting everything set up so I can start recording again and share with you guys. :metal:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I went with the passive cab because I like flexibility and I really like the idea of getting a second cab down the road for stereo operation. Plus the difference in price was not great, it was only €130 less if I went with the active one. I thought it would be worth getting an amp with a passive cab for €130 more, you never know what the future will bring! :)
Agreed on the future-proofing, but you will have to add another amp or convert to a stereo power amp in order to go stereo.

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed on the future-proofing, but you will have to add another amp or convert to a stereo power amp in order to go stereo.
I know and I've been having second thoughts on that. I just love the look of an amp on top of a cab. I feel like I'm gonna be surprised by the tiny Monoblock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.