Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't ask me why, but recently I've been itching to pick up a Squier or MIM Tele as a project guitar to experiment with. I was thinking it'd be a lot of fun to mess around with series/parallel options and phase switches on one (I really like the sound of two singles in series and out of phase), either with push-pulls or a four or five-way switch.

I have no idea what's brought this on, as I've never really been a Tele fan, although I love some of the tones you can get out of them. Mostly I'm thinking how much fun it'd be to trick one out, dial up some flanger and delay, and play some Andy Summers stuff...

Reactions: budda

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
doo eet nao!!!

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
just walk over to a place that carries teles, play all of them and leave with the best one (that you can afford).

Go now. Run, don't walk to the store.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Everybody should have a Tele. I never thought i'd be saying that a couple of years ago, but there ya have it. The series mod is a must-do if you love humbuckers. I put a 4-way on my Texan and i LOVE the series mode.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Yeah, Squier has really come out with some fantastic guitars & basses in the last 5 years since the QC went up. Do it! Squiers are excellent candidates for modding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts