Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just narrowly avoided a head on smash, however, bent my front smash panel, totalled an alloy, a tyre, and my front bumper. Apparently people don't see me when I'm already overtaking and decide to pull out. I had to slam the anchors on, swerve back in, but since I had gear in the back, the back end stepped out, so counter steered so the back end came off the road onto the grass verge. Took out 2 wooden posts, but I think the gear stopped me rolling. Not my first crash so I'm not arsed. Girlfriend was fucking terrified though, poor girl. I'll post some shitty iPhone pics tomorrow :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Forgive me dude, but it still sounds like it was bad driving on your part? Not trying to be mean, but...

Love your OOTS number plate, though. :D
Oh no, I see where you're coming from dude :lol: if I'd have been alone, no doubt it would HAVE to have been my fault, but I had the missus in too, Qnd she also attests to my driving being of a legal and acceptable standard, and she pretty much ALWAYS gets at me about my driving, simply because it's me driving and not her :lol:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Women can't drive, her opinion is irrelevant. :lol:

So, as I gather, you tried to overtake a car and horsebox with several cars behind you, as you pulled out a car was coming the other way, so no one let you back in?

Surely if you didn't have enough time to overtake the car then you didn't have enough of a view of the oncoming road and traffic?

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Women can't drive, her opinion is irrelevant. :lol:

So, as I gather, you tried to overtake a car and horsebox with several cars behind you, as you pulled out a car was coming the other way, so no one let you back in?

Surely if you didn't have enough time to overtake the car then you didn't have enough of a view of the oncoming road and traffic?
Well, it's a 3 lane bypass, middle lane for overtaking, outside lanes for driving of course :lol: The road was completely clear when I got into the middle lane, and was so until I got on level with the horse box, at which point someone pulled out of the other lane at a point so close, I literally had to make a split second decision. I wouldn't have had enough time to slow down and then pull in, otherwise I'd have just been missing my face :lol: So it was a combo decision, brake AND swerve. It was as thought he hadn't seen me in the lane.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.