Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Nah, metal "purists" like Messiah. People with taste like Lowe.

Both are good, but Lowe is 389479282943x the vocalist that Messiah will ever be.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, metal "purists" like Messiah. People with taste like Lowe.

Both are good, but Lowe is 389479282943x the vocalist that Messiah will ever be.
Thats all well and good, but Johan Langvist is better than both in Candlemass. :fawk:

I think Lowe is overall the best vocalist though, and I like SA better than Candlemass on the whole, but he's not as good a fit for Candlemass as Messiah was.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
My favorite is Thomas Vikstrom:

However, "Epicus..." is still my favorite album of theirs, and Langvist sounds great on it.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts

Tough Lowe for sure is the "best" of all CM vocalists, Langvist just "fits" better than Messiah and Lowe.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Looks like I'm in the minority actually, but as far as Candlemass vocalist's go, Messiah to me is way, way better than Langvist, Vikstrom or Lowe .....& Nightfall is the best Candlemass album by far ..followed by Tales Of Creation, Ancient Dreams & the S/T ..in that order.

...I even prefer the Memento Mori albums (w/Messiah) to all the other Candlemass ones...thanks to Messiah's awesome pipes of DOOM!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts