Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never, ever, had to max out the springs on anything I've used before to use a standard gauge set of strings in standard tuning.

Yet this is what I've just done...I got a set of the Dunlop 7-string 10-60 strings and dropped them on and have had to literally max out the adjustment travel on my bridge in order to get it near level. It's still not even level! it's still angled.

The sad part is I have the springs installed from the "use for heavy gauge strings" package because the other ones were to weak for the 10-59 D'addarios I had installed previously.

This is really ridiculous.

Bottom line is, unless you use 9 gauge strings in standard don't bother with any guitar with this bridge. (the premium 7s).

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't want to piss you off like I am with it :lol: I guess I'll go back to my 10-59 d'addarios after this because at least I had some room left on the adjustment knob when I used those.

The one I have must be a dud or something considering how bad the intonation is on it. I sent Ibanez a message about it so I guess I'll see if they respond back because it's ridiculous that I can't use a standard setup on it even using the "high gauge" spring set.

I might put a set of 9s on it and trade it in.

·
Premium Member
8,935 Posts
You know you can adjust the intonation relatively easily. :lol:
I'd sit down and play around with the adjustments a bit more before trading it in. Hell, on the warbanez, I have to use 4 springs on the trem in standard tuning. Doesn't bother me a bit.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know you can adjust the intonation relatively easily. :lol:
I'd sit down and play around with the adjustments a bit more before trading it in. Hell, on the warbanez, I have to use 4 springs on the trem in standard tuning. Doesn't bother me a bit.
I wish I could just add springs but it only has 2. The intonation is ok but the low B saddle only has half the screw holding it down since it's so far back. Considering I'm in standard with a standard set of strings it seems a bit far back to me. I was concerned it would eventually strip the threads so I actually moved it a bit closer.

I intonated it with a set of D'addario 10-59s, thought wow this is horrible, took those off and put on another set and got the same result...

I should have returned it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've never, ever, had to max out the springs on anything I've used before to use a standard gauge set of strings in standard tuning.

Yet this is what I've just done...I got a set of the Dunlop 7-string 10-60 strings and dropped them on and have had to literally max out the adjustment travel on my bridge in order to get it near level. It's still not even level! it's still angled.

The sad part is I have the springs installed from the "use for heavy gauge strings" package because the other ones were to weak for the 10-59 D'addarios I had installed previously.

This is really ridiculous.

Bottom line is, unless you use 9 gauge strings in standard don't bother with any guitar with this bridge. (the premium 7s).
I just bought a guitar from someone with this same system. I am having the same problem. How did you correct this situation

1 - 19 of 19 Posts