Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ENGL E310 GIGMASTER COMBO 110 - Irish International Cyberstore

Mmmm, tasty little ENGL 15 Watt 2 channel combo! :drool:

From the few videos I've seen, it sounds extremely good, right up my alley. Packed with a lot of awesome features as well, switchable from 15/5/1 watts, FX loop, as well as a mid boost, and it takes a 2 button footswitch as well for switching clean and lead channels or activating the mid boost. Very, very cool for an amp of this size. I'm very, very tempted to get one.

It also comes in a head if you don't like the idea of 1x10 combos.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Put it in pink and we can market it to girls as Hannah Montana's new "cute" amp

:ugh:

On a serious note, I think it's pretty cool and may have to check it out if anyone around here gets one

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put it in pink and we can market it to girls as Hannah Montana's new "cute" amp
Damnit, you know you've just put it in my head to get one and cover it in hot pink tolex. I just might do that. :squint:

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, no kidding, they sound really great in every demo I've heard/seen.
Totally, sounds absolutely awesome. Simply, this amp has me enticed at every angle, sounds, features and looks. It might be a little expensive, but I could probably swing it if I sold a guitar.:yesway:

^ You must do that :squint:
Nah, I'm too lazy. I'll probably spraypaint the tolex hot pink! :metal:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Cleans sound nice, but I need some more gain in the demo. Not like djentz0rz type gain, like death metal etc kind.

·
18,790 Posts
Cleans sound nice, but I need some more gain in the demo. Not like djentz0rz type gain, like death metal etc kind.
I'm sure a boost in front of that could get you some tight metal tones. Keep in mind he's playing a stock Strat too ;) It sounds like it would almost be too much gain for what I do :lol: The gain channel sounds great, but the "clean" or rhythm or whatever channel sounds amazing. Give me that channel with 2 switchable gain knobs and I'll be set.

Edit: actually, after watching that vid again, I must play one of these :lol: Preferably in head form :lol: I want to know how it sounds in person, mic-ed up, etc. because this shows potential for being more than just a "practice" amp.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I'm sure a boost in front of that could get you some tight metal tones. Keep in mind he's playing a stock Strat too ;) It sounds like it would almost be too much gain for what I do :lol: The gain channel sounds great, but the "clean" or rhythm or whatever channel sounds amazing. Give me that channel with 2 switchable gain knobs and I'll be set.

Edit: actually, after watching that vid again, I must play one of these :lol: Preferably in head form :lol: I want to know how it sounds in person, mic-ed up, etc. because this shows potential for being more than just a "practice" amp.
Yeah, it's not intended to be a metal demo by any means, I'm just praying someone does one that's more geared towards those who know ENGL for their distortion and whatnot then for this little new head they've made

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like there's absolutely loads of gain on tap there, and if someone was playing it with a guitar with humbuckers and in a more Metal style, you'd probably have more than enough for bringing the brutalz out. I'd love to hear what it sounds like with my modded TS7 up front too. :D

I think my biggest dilemma would be going for the head or the combo... Getting the head and picking up a decent 1x12 cab would probably sound the best, but the combo would just be fantastic for carrying over to a friend's house or studio to play. It's extremely tempting from the standpoint of mobility, and sure I've got the Invader for making the big noise. Decisions decisions.

·
18,790 Posts
Sounds like there's absolutely loads of gain on tap there, and if someone was playing it with a guitar with humbuckers and in a more Metal style, you'd probably have more than enough for bringing the brutalz out. I'd love to hear what it sounds like with my modded TS7 up front too. :D

I think my biggest dilemma would be going for the head or the combo... Getting the head and picking up a decent 1x12 cab would probably sound the best, but the combo would just be fantastic for carrying over to a friend's house or studio to play. It's extremely tempting from the standpoint of mobility, and sure I've got the Invader for making the big noise. Decisions decisions.
The combo does have a speaker out too, so you could run it through a separate cab (1x12, or even your 4x12 if you want :D) when you're at home or want more volume/better sound, but you'd have the built-in speaker for portability when you want that.

·
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The combo does have a speaker out too, so you could run it through a separate cab (1x12, or even your 4x12 if you want :D) when you're at home or want more volume/better sound, but you'd have the built-in speaker for portability when you want that.
Hmm, you seem to speak speaking a language called "sense". I'm not fluent, but I think I get the idea. :yesway:

Combo it is!

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
When I first saw one, I knew I had to try one out. A mini engl, which could potentially be used for practice rooms where they supply dodgy as fuck amps, but 4x12s? I can see this being perfect :D

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Even through my laptop speakers the vid sounds pretty crisp and organic. Sounds like it's got potential. :yesway:

·
Registered
702 Posts
that´s awesome! i have a thing for tiny low-wattage heads like this. it´s so utilitarian, ya know? why get a huge 100+ watt head for low volume playing, right?

any ideas on the price range on these?

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
that´s awesome! i have a thing for tiny low-wattage heads like this. it´s so utilitarian, ya know? why get a huge 100+ watt head for low volume playing, right?

any ideas on the price range on these?
based on the € I'd say around 6-7k in norway, and who knows, you might even get free shipping :eek:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That does sound really quite good. I'd love to try one.

Problem is though, that price is getting right into "real amp" territory. I'll have to reserve judgment till I actually play one though.

·
Banned
417 Posts
want! will own!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts