Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 21 Posts

18,821 Posts
Cleans sound nice, but I need some more gain in the demo. Not like djentz0rz type gain, like death metal etc kind.
I'm sure a boost in front of that could get you some tight metal tones. Keep in mind he's playing a stock Strat too ;) It sounds like it would almost be too much gain for what I do :lol: The gain channel sounds great, but the "clean" or rhythm or whatever channel sounds amazing. Give me that channel with 2 switchable gain knobs and I'll be set.

Edit: actually, after watching that vid again, I must play one of these :lol: Preferably in head form :lol: I want to know how it sounds in person, mic-ed up, etc. because this shows potential for being more than just a "practice" amp.

18,821 Posts
Sounds like there's absolutely loads of gain on tap there, and if someone was playing it with a guitar with humbuckers and in a more Metal style, you'd probably have more than enough for bringing the brutalz out. I'd love to hear what it sounds like with my modded TS7 up front too. :D

I think my biggest dilemma would be going for the head or the combo... Getting the head and picking up a decent 1x12 cab would probably sound the best, but the combo would just be fantastic for carrying over to a friend's house or studio to play. It's extremely tempting from the standpoint of mobility, and sure I've got the Invader for making the big noise. Decisions decisions.
The combo does have a speaker out too, so you could run it through a separate cab (1x12, or even your 4x12 if you want :D) when you're at home or want more volume/better sound, but you'd have the built-in speaker for portability when you want that.

1 - 4 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.