Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
They're on eBay as well. OT, sorry: Would you have to modify the guitar for it to take nylon strings?
Almost certainly - nylons have MUCH less string tension. You may be able to do it by really slacking the truss rod, but even then you'd need to at least change out the tuning pegs and might want to consider swapping the bridge.

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
Almost certainly - nylons have MUCH less string tension. You may be able to do it by really slacking the truss rod, but even then you'd need to at least change out the tuning pegs and might want to consider swapping the bridge.
All of this but Godin did come out with a nylon 7 but in their style. Another option would be to look for russian classical guitars since they are 7 strings standard.

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Nostromo)

I saw the quilted top one on amazon. I'm totally wanting one for an acoustic track or maybe layering under cleans.

Nice price point too :)

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
They're on eBay as well. OT, sorry: Would you have to modify the guitar for it to take nylon strings?
You wouldn't want that on a guitar that isn't braced for nylon strings. If it's braced for steel strings then its WAY overbraced for nylon strings. The strings wouldn't be able to drive the top effectively meaning you wouldn't get any volume and would likely get dogshit tone.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
You wouldn't want that on a guitar that isn't braced for nylon strings. If it's braced for steel strings then its WAY overbraced for nylon strings. The strings wouldn't be able to drive the top effectively meaning you wouldn't get any volume and would likely get dogshit tone.
:agreed: This.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
:yesway: thanks, now I know! :lol: guess ill man up and play steel.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I definitely would like to try one. I guess I should start learning seven string variations on cowboy chords...

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
That looks awesome. I have an Ibanez electric 7 string with the same finish and it's really attractive in person.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
while browsing on that ibanez page i ran into THIS

initial reaction:

OH FUK a 7 string acoustic for 153 bananas!

then:

wait, only 6 strings? :(

:lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts