Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Interesting bridge. That like a Gibraltar III or something?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
I'm not holding my breath.
By the way, the RGA321 (Prestige) now comes with some variant of Ibanez's active pickups (called the LoZ4---the non-prestige models get the LoZ3's).

3V gives more than enough headroom: AMZ Low Voltage Boosters

Active pickups are not too complex: low wind count for high resonant frequency, coupled with a clean gain stage. So as long as they're low-noise they've got some promise.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Active pickups are not too complex: low wind count for high resonant frequency, coupled with a clean gain stage. So as long as they're low-noise they've got some promise.
I'm still gonna be skeptical. Stock Ibanez pickups have sucked for years, even the "new improved" and/or "designed by EMG" ones.

I mean hell, they've been fucking up passives for years... why should this be any different?

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
I'm still gonna be skeptical. Stock Ibanez pickups have sucked for years, even the "new improved" and/or "designed by EMG" ones.

I mean hell, they've been fucking up passives for years... why should this be any different?
I'm a bit skeptical but I'll give them an open-minded listen. Call me hopeful.

Those "Designed by EMG" passive pickups are actually re-branded EMG Selects. Yeah, those suck.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Stock pickups are made to be replaced. I'd rather spend less money up front, since odds are the manufacturer is simply going to source a set of pickups that I don't want, no matter the price range.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
i thought those sounded TERRRIBLE when we got one through the shop :lol:
they blew away the iceman 700 I was using also :lol: so whatever that had seriously blew ass. That guitar sounded dead as shit though so it might have been that, it was like 12 pounds as well.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
i thought those sounded TERRRIBLE when we got one through the shop :lol:
they blew away the iceman 700 I was using also :lol: so whatever that had seriously blew ass. That guitar sounded dead as shit though so it might have been that, it was like 12 pounds as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts