Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Madcap Funster
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

thought I`d break my duck here with a discussion on a pretty rare guitar circa about 2005. I have a bunch of guitars and this one is probably the best one. It is the version with Duncan SH-4JB and SH-2 Jazz pickups ( there was a version with Active LiveWire pups also ).

It`s made of Mahogany with a Rosewood finger board. It has a through neck and sounds gritty in a good way, plays & detunes real nice too. I like the weird one off body shape ( although some people hate it ) and find it comfortable also.

You wouldn`t want to use the bridge setup for anything other than Metal, although the neck pup has a nice mellow sound to it.

Anyone got any opinions on this guitar ? or does anyone actually own the hand built ESP LTD version ? ( costing £1000`s of pounds ! )

cheers

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I played one in a store a while back. Body shape was comfy, but unutterably hideous :lol:

Played and sounded pretty good too, but I already have a guitar that does what that one does, and looks quite a bit better to me, so I passed on it.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Never played the Axxion, but I've played a few LTD's and they're generally good guitars. The JB is a decent pickup too and it's more versatile than just metal, I mean Jeff Beck's a rock guy and it's his signature pickup ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.