Gold Hardware
Gold Logo
Tung oiled neck

What do you guys think?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I think that's going to be awesome. :yesway:

I'd have gone with the CS (since singlecuts are sexier) and no inlays, but definitely can't wait to see how yours turn out. My Carvin is the best playing, best sounding guitar I've ever owned.

·
Curls for the Girls
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Carvin is the best playing, best sounding guitar I've ever owned.
Well thats good news, ive NEVER played one. I ordered it going off other peoples suggestions and everyone seems to say the same thing. Ive honestly never been a single cut guitar kinda dude. I am however a huge PRS fan so it was a no brainer for me:yesway:

·
Black Metal Bunny
1,144 Posts
That is either awesome looking or ugly but I can't figure it out.

It's like I think it's bad ass but my brain is like "are you sure?"

Never seen a color scheme that looks like that before.

4,429 Posts
Something tells me your Suhr is better :lol:
Why? because it has Suhr on the headstock Guitars are guitars man. Suhr lets out as many duds (soundwise) as Carvin does. A great guitar stems when the right pieces of wood combine with the right construction to make a fantastic instrument. Sure some of the smaller luthiers only make really great instruments (even if it means trashing what they've been working on) but Suhr is by no means one of those.

Carvin has built some monster guitars. I've tried to buy my old guitar teachers 727 from him a million times. It is one of the warmest adler/maple guitars I've ever heard and it just absolutely sings. I have no issue believing Chris's Carvin is a better instrument than his Suhr.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I think/have a hunch/get the feeling that the stuff out of the custom shop is just a shitload better than the production models. The only nice 7x7 I've ever played is Keithb's, which is an absolute asskicker.

On the other hand, the one I had (727) was a lifeless plank, and every other 727/747 I've laid hands on has been the same. Great looking, but they mostly felt and played like an RG7321.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts