Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it simply says "tickets are HERE!!!".

well, "which tickets?" you may ask...i may present to you:

:metal: THE MOST "HEAVY METAL" EVENT IN HISTORY! :metal:

Introduction: As some of you may already know - Iron Maiden are going to release their new record "The Final Frontier" at the end of the summer.

Prior to this, they are doing, not only the already posted US Tour with Dream Theater, they are also doing a few selected exclusive shows in Europe. Me, being an absolute fan since i was a child, i have to see them again! So, i was searching for the nearest concert, as they dont play in Austria anymore (the only country worldwide where they dont sell out the venues...what a shame), but i then saw this one event, which made me jaw drop...

August 11th, in Bergen, Norway:

Iron Maiden will play an Open Air show in a fucking MEDIEVAL FORTRESS, and not only that, they will be supported by HEAVEN AND HELL! (and you need to know that, Maiden beeing no. 1, Dio-Era Black Sabbath is number 2 in my all time top favourites ever).

Summed up this is:

Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath with Dio
in Blackmetal-Country
in a Medieval Fortress
Mountains in front of you
Fjords behind you

altough this will be the 6th time i see Iron Maiden live (and this time it woll cost me a shitload of money haha), words cannot describe how excited i am when i look forward to this concert!

and sorry for the shameless glorifiing-my-awesomeness thread, but i'm just extremily happy at the moment!

·
Engineer Bassist
355 Posts
If its the castle I'm thinking about I've been in it. It's very cool and some metal in it would be amazing.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
This is even better news than you think, as it means Dio is expecting to be able to perform so his cancer treatment must be going VERY well :dio:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:dio:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heaven & Hell, the band featuring the "Mob Rules" lineup of Black Sabbath, has announced that they have been forced to cancel all of their upcoming performances in Europe and the United Kingdom, including their headlining appearance at Bloodstock. A message from the band reads as follows:

"We have to announce that all forthcoming Heaven & Hell European shows have been cancelled as sadly Ronnie isn't well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."
:(

i'm not only sad that i'm not going to see them therefor, but more that RJD doesnt recover as good as everyone, including me, was hoping. :(

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Next week then. I'm not THAT excited anymore, i mean still: Iron Maiden for me is the geratest band of all time, but knowing that usually i would have ssen H&H also, still kills the mood a bit...

Anyway, i think someone from Norway is registered here too, therefor i thought i may post this, as we have one ticket for this left, and my friend (who wont be able to attend) would let it go for ~EUR 80,- or something (110,- was the original price). We could meet right before the show or something, or the evening before and have a beer together - even if they seem to epxensive inNorway...and i mean "HOLYFUCKAREYOUSERIOUS?!?!?"-expensive.

Oh, and Dark Tranquility will play instead of Heaven & Hell...what a replacement. :spock: Better than nothing tough...

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
If they play the set that i saw last night :rant: I stuck around for 8/10 songs and there was nothing from Fear of the Dark or before :confused:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, that will be the same set. I knew that already, and while i'm not ÜBER-happy with it, i can understand that on this tour they want to focus on the newer stuff, as they have played a few "best of"/"early years"/"back in time" tours in the last years. Now, that they have a new record coming up, the main point is the reunion stuff. There will be older songs in the encore-blog tough, namely:

fear of the dark
iron maiden
the number of the beast
hallowed be thy name
running free

1 - 17 of 17 Posts