Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
And that's why I now use my PS3 more.
Got two 360's sat in my living room, both with 3 red lights, both been fixed and broken again.
I've had my PS3 slightly longer, and not a single problem.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
I've had my ps3 since launch season and never once a problem. My 360 redlighted once (fixed itself somehow supermagic) and repeatedly has issues with a stuck drivetray.

OH AND ELYSIANS MOM :scream

Nah but seriously, its pissing me off. I got my 360 like 3, 3 and a half years ago now, and I'm just getting to the point of wanting to use it more, and it starts getting all dick weasel on me. I'm in the middle of my first play through of mass effect, and I cant finish.

Infuriating :lol:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
And that's why I now use my PS3 more.
Got two 360's sat in my living room, both with 3 red lights, both been fixed and broken again.
I've had my PS3 slightly longer, and not a single problem.
Did you replace the stupid X-Clamps with machine hardware? The X-clamps are not a good design for holding the heat sinks properly.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just send it back, I got mine back in 2 weeks.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been looking into the RROD extended warranty thing, but I don't qualify (I bought the box used in '06)

To have it fixed, it'd cost me $123 from Microsoft.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I've been looking into the RROD extended warranty thing, but I don't qualify (I bought the box used in '06)

To have it fixed, it'd cost me $123 from Microsoft.
XBOX 360 Repair Kit 3 Red Light Fix Arctic Silver 5 | eBay

If you have the tools it is even cheaper. The artic silver thermal paste is good, and replacing the X-clamps with the machine screws gives much more uniform pressure and cooling to the CPU and GPU.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Fuck it, just buy an arcade :lol:

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Fuck it, just buy an arcade :lol:
Sure is. $50 on ebay for a used Arcade.

Done. :D
:D

However, I did plan on buying a second xbox for my room at some point, so I'll likely just try to repair this one using the kit above instead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.