Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That title is very hard/strange for me to say, but I will be going on the road with a country artist in the near future. :)D) The problem....I don't own a 6 string.:rofl: I have looked at a few different brands, G&L, Benford, and Gibson mainly. I am kinda strange, I love teles....but I don't want a fender tele, unless it has a reversed headstock. I am open to suggestions, mainly guitars with single coils, but I am open to about anything. I haven't played a 6 string in 2+ years now, so it is strange looking/wanting a 6 string, but hey...its going to be a pretty badass day job. :yesway:

I don't have a whole lot of money to spend, so that is another issue. I need something to get me by until I get the first few checks from the gig, then I can buy some really badass gear. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I am kinda strange, I love teles....but I don't want a fender tele, unless it has a reversed headstock.
If that's the case. G&L offers the option for a reverse headstock on their USA made models, you just have to put in an order for it.

Try Buffalo Bros Guitars. They're near the factory, and tend to get custom orders out quicker than any other G&L dealer I've done business with.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If that's the case. G&L offers the option for a reverse headstock on their USA made models, you just have to put in an order for it.

Try Buffalo Bros Guitars. They're near the factory, and tend to get custom orders out quicker than any other G&L dealer I've done business with.
Thats really what I want is a G&L with a reversed headstock, but new/custom ones are out of my (current) price range. I could probably do $500 or a little more, and i've found some used G&L stuff in that range. Has anyone had any hands on experience with Benford guitars? The prices seem too good to be true, but the guitars look killer. I looked at some reviews and they all seem to be good.

Hmm...

I could also do a parts caster? Find a cheap tele and order a warmoth neck.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
See if you can find one of these:

There was one going for cheap locally not long ago and I regret not picking it up. Tele-style pickups and piezos, and they go dirt cheap used :yesway:
Those P36s are fantastic. I also love the fact that they are a non-traditional Tele.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
If you're a tele person, you really can't go wrong with a decent G&L tele. They're pretty much the only teles I got along with.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG01B) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

jaxadam said:
If you're a tele person, you really can't go wrong with a decent G&L tele. They're pretty much the only teles I got along with.
That's what I'm leaning towards. I wish there was a company that had a production tele with a reversed headstock...I gotta let some of my roots show. :lol: I could go the warmoth route but it would come out a bit above my price range. :(

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It would definitely be something unique, and it would give you the option to throw in some baritone chords should the songs call for it.
Rocking the 7 string Tele would be pretty badass.....hmm. I might just do that. :lol: I'm a unique kinda guy, and typically or so i'm told have pretty big stage presence, so that would add to it in the country world.

·
18,790 Posts
Rocking the 7 string Tele would be pretty badass.....hmm. I might just do that. :lol: I'm a unique kinda guy, and typically or so i'm told have pretty big stage presence, so that would add to it in the country world.
:yesway:

That said, I try to never give people reasons to not buy new gear :lol: You could always pick up something cheap as a backup :D

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:yesway:

That said, I try to never give people reasons to not buy new gear :lol: You could always pick up something cheap as a backup :D
Damnit, now I want a 7 string tele with reversed headstock. :lol: Well, by the time I put all the money into the Texan, it'll be about all i've got. But its cool, as soon as I play a few shows, i'll be able to get some really good gear. (I won't throw numbers, but I will be paid pretty handsomely :D).

·
18,790 Posts
Damnit, now I want a 7 string tele with reversed headstock. :lol: Well, by the time I put all the money into the Texan, it'll be about all i've got. But its cool, as soon as I play a few shows, i'll be able to get some really good gear. (I won't throw numbers, but I will be paid pretty handsomely :D).
I wish I could get a paying gig like that, would be fun as hell and I could really use the cash :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts