Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up because it was cheap and I really loved the way it looked and played. The guy that I bought it was from wasn't sure exactly what it is so I'm just curious. It has mother of pearl inlays. The serial number reads 9787615.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
That appears to be a Randy Rhoads sig model.....

I did see on mf.com or somewhere selling an old RR3 that looked exactly like that though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That appears to be a Randy Rhoads sig model.....

I did see on mf.com or somewhere selling an old RR3 that looked exactly like that though.
Hey I'm sorry but I am aware that it is a Jackson V, I should have mentioned it but I was wondering exactly what model it is.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Seems to be a new model from that video on the ebay page though, and a limited run.. And the pickups in yours seem to look like the SD Invaders.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well awesome, thanks guys. I'm about to have a floyd put into it and EMG's so it'll be pretty cool I think.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Looks like it's one of a run of RR3s for american music supply. http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-JAC-2940012-LIST The main differences from the standard model being the tom bridge instead of a floyd and the gold stripes along the body.

Well awesome, thanks guys. I'm about to have a floyd put into it and EMG's so it'll be pretty cool I think.
Now, I'm not saying don't do it but adding a floyd to that seems like an expensive waste. You'll have to buy a new bridge and have it fitted which will mean routing a nice chunk of the body under the bridge. I'm not sure but would the floyd need to be top mounted when it's replacing a non recessed tom bridge?
If I were you I'd see if I could trade it for someone elses RR3 which will already have a floyd route on it, you can upgrade to an OFR if you want easily then as it should be a drop in replacement.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
It will cost you WAY more to have a Floyd put on that guitar than the guitar itself is worth. Definitely sell this one and get one of the Floyded RR3s if that's what you want. Or heck, just buy the Floyded RR3 and have both of them. That would be my solution. ;)

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
It might be cheaper to just find a RR3 equipped Floyd model and had EMGs to it Like they said it would cost half the price of the guitar for the trem then another couple hundard for the route job depending on where you take it.

Personly I say keep it drop EMGs in it but look for a normal rr3 for the floyd. :yesway:

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Holy shit, blowing those out much?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well this is probably going to sound stupid to you guys but I don't just want a Rhoads with a floyd, I want that guitar to have a floyd. I'm not huge into V's and the one that I have is honestly the only one I have ever liked enough to buy. I know its crazy but its not really about what it's worth to me. :nuts:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Well this is probably going to sound stupid to you guys but I don't just want a Rhoads with a floyd, I want that guitar to have a floyd. I'm not huge into V's and the one that I have is honestly the only one I have ever liked enough to buy. I know its crazy but its not really about what it's worth to me. :nuts:
:yesway: well then go for it man.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
I've never seen that purple version before. It looks absolutely awesome and it would match my soloist. It's not one of the finishes available there though.
that's pink dude :lol: and yeah definitely clearing them out lol, there are similar deals on ebay

·
Registered
617 Posts
that's pink dude :lol: and yeah definitely clearing them out lol, there are similar deals on ebay
Yeah I kind of wasn't sure if it was pink or purple, but I saw it was metallic pink when I went looking for more info. I'd still love to get it, but I really don't have the money for it right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts