Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Holy shitballs she can sing. I'll be picking up her disk if she releases one.

Check out the 6-stringer bassist too, which is pretty cool. I'd definitely tip a few beers listening to a show of those two.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
She grew up sort of close to me. A guy at work remembers watching her do karaoke in a local bar. He also says she has a sister who does karaoke to and she can't sing for shit. :lol:

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Yep, she's from my town. I know people who know her, although I don't myself. She's done all kinds of shit in T Town, and even won a big battle of the bands contest last year or so.

She is fantastic!

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, she's from my town. I know people who know her, although I don't myself. She's done all kinds of shit in T Town, and even won a big battle of the bands contest last year or so.

She is fantastic!
She's pretty plain looking, but automatically 10 times more attractive because she can sing and play guitar well.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I tried to get into this show this season - never watched before. Burned out quickly but picked this girl very first time I heard her. Kind of has that Melissa Etheridge, Janis Joplin vibe going on (obviously) but just can't sit through all the others.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Yea, that girl is talented. I'v been sucked into my wifes shit vortex of horrible tv, so I have to endure like 9 fucking hours of idol a week.

Now that i think about it, I'm not getting enough poon for that kind of shit!

Edit: She just brought me a tall, so its all good.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried to get into this show this season - never watched before. Burned out quickly but picked this girl very first time I heard her. Kind of has that Melissa Etheridge, Janis Joplin vibe going on (obviously) but just can't sit through all the others.
Me neither, that's why I love youtube. :D

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The others just don't have the charisma she does though; they don't seem as "real". Crystal is so genuine in her emotion (even more obvious in that one) that makes the others just appear as if they're going through the motions.

·
18,790 Posts
My two favourite contestants doing a duet with one of my favourite songs from the last few years:

And Lee did "Kiss From A Rose" for his solo song, the live performance was alright, but the studio recording sounds better (the band rushed it live, and they chopped it down for time). Didn't do much with the arrangement, but he didn't destroy it either. Helps he's got a gritty voice like Seal.

·
18,790 Posts
She's still in, they're down to the top-3, so it'll be a couple more weeks.

The top 3 this year is those two, and Casey James. All 3 play guitar (so did the guy who came in 4th), and all 3 have some blues/rock in them. It's actually really interesting. The guy who is gone this week was a more typical, soul/ballad type singer. It's down to the point that I'd actually probably check out an album from any of the top-3.

·
18,790 Posts
Toledo is throwing Chrystal a big ass parade tomorrow. :lol: Apparently she's singing or some shit afterward.
Yeah, all of the top-3 are going home for visits/performances/parades :lol:

I have a theory about the top-3 being so interesting this year: I think it's as a direct result of the slipping ratings of the show. What I mean is, the people still watching/voting are the ones who actually care about the music and the contestants abilities, and the people who stopped watching/voting are the ones who only did because of the fad factor. They just voted for whoever was popular or "cute" or whatever.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts