Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't upgraded the drive yet, but I am really considering the Momentus XT. It seems like a good buy. I've been strictly a Western Digital guy for a long time though, and I've had a Seagate fail on me before, so I'm hesitant.

·
Rule #2: Double Tap
140 Posts
That's funny... I upgraded my mac mini to 8gb yesterday, too. Aperture flies now.. Microsoft Office is still slow as fuck though.... :lol:

BTW: Newegg is selling 8GB (2x4gb) 1067 DDR3 ram for $75 shipped. Great deal for an upgrade.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

zepp said:
I haven't upgraded the drive yet, but I am really considering the Momentus XT. It seems like a good buy. I've been strictly a Western Digital guy for a long time though, and I've had a Seagate fail on me before, so I'm hesitant.
I'm exactly like you: WD guy, w/ a history of Seagate disappointment. But this drive is so worth it, trust me.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's funny... I upgraded my mac mini to 8gb yesterday, too. Aperture flies now.. Microsoft Office is still slow as fuck though.... :lol:

BTW: Newegg is selling 8GB (2x4gb) 1067 DDR3 ram for $75 shipped. Great deal for an upgrade.
Anything Microsoft seems to be bloated and slow :lol:

Damn, I missed out on that RAM deal somehow. I didn't want to go ultra cheapie, but I didn't want to spend a ton so I settled on the Mushkin RAM. So far so good.

Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm exactly like you: WD guy, w/ a history of Seagate disappointment. But this drive is so worth it, trust me.
Newegg.com - Seagate Momentus XT ST95005620AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s with NCQ Solid State Hybrid Drive -Bare Drive

Yes? :D

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
nice!!!

btw, Command + Shift + 3 = whole screen cap. No need to launch Grab.

Command + Shift + 4 lets you draw a box of what you wanna cap. If you then press the space bar, the crosshairs turn into a camera so you can then take a pic of a whole window. Unfortunately it'll include the window's shadow.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice!!!

btw, Command + Shift + 3 = whole screen cap. No need to launch Grab.

Command + Shift + 4 lets you draw a box of what you wanna cap. If you then press the space bar, the crosshairs turn into a camera so you can then take a pic of a whole window. Unfortunately it'll include the window's shadow.
Neat. Didn't know that one, and I'll forget it by tomorrow. Thanks! :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

Whoa, you like a Seagate drive? I remember us having the hard drive arguments way back when I used to work for a computer company :lol:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've never really trusted anything but a WD drive. I've seen many Seagates and Maxtors fail, but rarely a WD. So.....getting the Momentus XT will be a leap of faith.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Of all companies, Maxtor seems to have stepped up their game lately. its fucking wierd :lol:

I do want to check out those new seagates though

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Those hybrid drives are interesting-looking. I've had horrible experiences with WD and Maxtor, but good experiences with Seagate, Samsung, and Hitachi.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts

Kagami said:
Seagate bought Maxtor...

also WD is the only brand who I've gotten bad drives new in box lol, I don't buy them anymore.
I think hard drives are like computer brands in general: someone somewhere has sworn off the brand you love, and loves the brand you hate.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.