Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not much to say. Classic metal hit, so why not cover it. I guess it's one of the most covered songs ever but who cares!

Also I did it to really try my Superior Drummer 3 software with my e-drums. Works good and this sound fits the song well too, kind of "organic sounding" or something. Of course being me, I hit the "Q" button after recording. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Nice job, as usual, Ced. :yesway: Love the tone on the guitar solo in the middle of the song.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
2:30 :facemelt:

:metal::scream2::metal:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone!
The high screams was just a spontanious idea I got on the fly, basically the vocal recording is my first try, I didn't even rehearse the song.
I did a couple of overdubs because of course I can't nail a song on the first try :roll2: you can see in the beginning of the third verse where I just barely failed, but I kept it for the video :flex:

Yeah hahaha I didn't bother stopping and stop filming during the solo because I could just copy paste the drum pattern from another part in 2 seconds anyway, haha.
I also never realized before recording this song its basically 2 riffs only, which is impressive. It's not a favorite song of mine at all but it's cool how little can go into making a timeless classic.

I have a couple of other cover songs in the works right now!

Iron Maiden and UDO!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts