Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a really nice day and some free time, and since I just finished up my current project guitar, decided to haul some of my babies out for a photoshoot (and some beer, of course). Not pictured: Charvel.

It was here I realized that at some point someone turned off the dehumidifier in the bandroom and the OFR on my Agile has some pitting on the gold and some rust on the string lock screws. Laaaaaame, but fixable.

and without further ado...

Questions? Ho-pinions?

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also: The Truss rod on the ESP is a strange size, the nut is significantly larger than my Ibanez and Jackson wrenches were made for, and they don't even fit in the cavity. Is there a special tool for this, or do I have to go hunting for a snake driver for my ratchet?

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Really like both guitars. I now have black paint + gold hardware GAS, wich is never the case. :lol:

·
Colourful bastard
403 Posts
also: The Truss rod on the ESP is a strange size, the nut is significantly larger than my Ibanez and Jackson wrenches were made for, and they don't even fit in the cavity. Is there a special tool for this, or do I have to go hunting for a snake driver for my ratchet?
Guessing it's the same tool as the one for my PRS and Jackson, not sure of the name but it's a socket. I'm sure someone else will be able to name it for you.

Also, amazing job on that.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Looking good dude! Add one of these to your black + gold collection and you're set ;)

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would probably be an EC-1000, I like me some 24 fret 25.5" action. I do love the look of those LPCs, though.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I'm so sick of black guitars - have two and a half myself - but the black and gold is a nice combination.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I'm sorry, but to me there is nothing simultaneously heavier and more classy than black and gold. I too am sick of all the fucking black guitars I own and am trying to diversify, but my first good guitar is an ebony/black Les Paul Studio and I never get tired of it. Nice gitfiddles dude!

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
:jj:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
that mirage is awesome dude, I might get one of the new ones even though I don't really like the way that shape feels to much :lol:

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FOILED AGAIN

1 - 15 of 15 Posts