Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed something that was more reliable at tracking than the noise gate in my G system so I saw a Decimator Pro Rack G Stereo pop up and jumped on it. Even though I don't have a stereo rig anymore it'll come in handy if every I move back into one, or when I'm tracking two separate amps and want to hate them both.

Gotta say it's evey bit as awesome as I'd hoped. Clamps down like a starving crocodile on a drunk fisher but I can still let notes ring without them dying prematurely. Now to throw it in my rack case for my Bogner and wire up some patch cables.

·
Look what I can do
498 Posts
Dude I had one of these back around 07...guy I bought a Savage120 from threw it in to sweeten the deal. I've never played through a better gate. You never notice its there, you just don't have any noise. Ever.

I sold it at some point for no good reason. Fuck me.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch. These are awesome units. IT got the lead guitarist in my band going to buy a G String II now. Finally j can stand next to my amp and not have to worry about the thing screaming.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
I really need to upgrade to an ISP. I hate my NS2, it clamps so hard it actually changes the tone of the preamp on all amps I've played it through. It can be for the better though, sometimes. Like on 51xx/65xx models it actually tightens it up a bit and makes it more focused, but that's not always a good thing.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seriously, do it. The tracking of the guitar and the preamp separately makes everything work so much better. I can let it sustain and feedback but the moment I stop the note it just stops dead quiet. Or if I let a note fade out it follows the note clearly and clamps down slowly.

Fucking worth every cent.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Sweet man, I've seen the pedal version for sale second hand for not a lot of scratch, might just have to bite the bullet and grab it.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go for the G String, doesn't matter if it's V1 or V2. The regular Decimator is good but the G String has the input tracking that adjusts the gate dependent on the input signal, it's not static like the NS2 or other noise gates.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice! I just bought a mooer noise killer and compared it James Decimator and its pretty close - those things are great :yesway:
Probably cloned most of the circuit.

I'm looking forward to band practice on Wednesday, all the new gear for everyone! I got this, bassist got a whole new rig and bass and vocalist got a new mic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts