Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This all stems back to an old PRS shaped guitar I saw in Manchester. At the time I didn't know what make it was, but it turned out to be an Eggle. A 1993 Eggle Berlin to be precise, and to this day, it is still one of the nicest guitars I've ever played. IMHO it smoked any PRS I've touched (disclaimer: I've only played 4 or 5 non SE PRS).
Anyone else played one and like it as much as me?
This one is just sick looking.

I just wish I could find one as cheap as the 1993 Berlin was, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I've never seen a Patrick Eggle in the flesh (they're fairly uncommon over here) but i've heard nothing but great things about them for years.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only one I've played was a fairly 'boring' looking one, it was just black with rosewood fretboard. But the playability and sound were simply amazing. I just wish I had snagged it back then for only £600. The cheapest I'm seeing them for on ebay is £1100 :wallbash:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I've played one, briefly, at the end of Johnny Truant's set the first time I saw them. Green, PRS Cu24 style. I wonder if Reuben still has it :idea:

They look really good, and from what I gather they kick ass :yesway:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Patrick Eggle had a Tony Iommi sig model very briefly that ESP completely ripped off in designing the Viper. That's actually about all I know about them.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy shit, the EXACT guitar I was talking about in the OP has just popped up on ebay! :eek:

But the guy selling it is asking for more than he paid for it. :noplease:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
If I remember correctly, Wilkinson was an employee of Eggle when he invented the Wilkinson bridge.

·
EMERRRRRRRY!
720 Posts
I've heard good things about Eggle but never played one since most of them never left the UK. :lol: I Patrick is (or was) also making some pretty nice acoustics as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I was in college I was lucky enough to go to the Eggle factory and showroom and spent ages simply trying Eggle after Eggle after Eggle. I love these guitars and the "pink glow" was my fave finish :)

Good times :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts