Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to ride more, and really would love to ride offroad around here, lots of trails (like the whole Green Belt). I know that I want to keep my Univega set up as a road bike, it does really well for that. I'm going to go bike shopping this weekend, and have no idea really what to look for in an entry level bike. I did some reading, found this article:

Top 5 Best Entry Level Mountain Bikes for Beginners on a Budget | 2015 Reviews

I don't really remember what brands my local bike shop has, but I do remember them having a ton of choices in the $500-750 range that look really nice. How is that list? What, in your opinion, should I look for?

Thanks in advance :yesway:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wait, one day you'll be there too. I know you think Monster makes you immune, but eventually you'll cave.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
IMO, go to your local bike shop and ride whatever they have in your price range, then report back to us about what you ride lol.

Also, how tall are you?
You want an appropriate sized bike. That's kind of important.

anyways, the diamond back overdrive would be my choice of that litter.....

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Used hardtail from Craigslist or a local Facebook group. Check Pinkbike.com and MTBR too. All of the bikes on that list suck balls. You can get a mighty nice hardtail for $750 if you look around.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
cannondale has a line out this year called catalyst that start at $415. they're advertised as first or entry level bikes. might have a look at those

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The wheels made it too big to fit in my lady's Jetta wagon :lol: So I rode it home. I love it!

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I tried a Cannondale 27.5", but the 29" just felt way way better. I even took them in the dirt while I was test riding.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Nice bike dude! Hell yeah....

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
The wheels made it too big to fit in my lady's Jetta wagon :lol: So I rode it home. I love it!
Hmmm, odd. I didn't see that ride home on strava.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts