Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was to a PLEK tech with 2 of my guitars and while one of them became better than original (they had to reradius because the fucking fretboard was 12" but then locking nut was 14" so they made a 14-16" compound"

But my main Warmoth was harder to play then when I brought it in, and the intonation was weird

They talked about some "compensated intonation" but that didn't sound good to my previous recordings so I can't use that

So I lowered the strings a bit and now it's easy to play, but when I was re-intonating the saddles became WEIRD!!!

See? I use STANDARD E TUNING with regular Daddario 10-46 strings

That looks weird, look at the two thickest strings!

Shouldn't the saddles be lined up like this one below? I remember intonating like this before and that worked, but now when I intonate, it has too look like above picture, because otherwise the strings are sharp... HOW COMES?

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats compensated intonation? Did they change the nut?

Is your guitar intonated correctly there? The saddle positions are off or standard tuning.
It's some weird intonation thats a little over on some strings and a little too little on some strings, I dont know how that works but it didn't sound right to my previous recordings so I had to reset the intonation to "generic intonation" like I usually do

I dont know the tuner (both Kemper and my stomptuner) says its correct...

I'm not sure I understand your complaint. Are you saying the saddle(s) should be further back than they are, because they are usually?
Yeah, usuaslly they look lined up like the saddles on the picture below

But now E and A or way front but they sound okay, I guess...

This has happened before too!

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Were the strings new? There might've been an imperfection in that one string.
:agreed: That was going to be my suggestion as well. Very rarely you will get a string or two with some kind of defect that prevents them intonating "normally". Sometimes the easiest thing to do is to toss the strings and try another.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But i get uncomortable with weird looking stuff, it makes me think all the time "is it WRONG, or does it just LOOK?" and I can't relax

This reminds me of the time he said his intonation was "too perfect" :lol:
That was my Evertune guitar I had a while

It was GOOD that it intonated well but it has to intonate with the other guitars tooooooo

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
No it doesn't have to intonate with other guitars :lol: it just needs to be in tune and intonated. If your other guitars aren't as precise, then either you get them there or you don't use them on those tracks.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.