Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know. It really did take me this long to see it.

[action=Ken]is a little worried about a movie who's cover is two guys with a bar of soap (especially with Edward Norton makin' a Duck Face in the background). :lol: :ugh:[/action]

·
18,790 Posts
And I thought I was late to seeing it, like, 5-ish years ago :lol:

I had the same problem you did, I kept hearing it was great, but kept looking at the cover and reading the description and wondering how good could it possibly be?

It's now one of my favourite movies. Some people love it, some people hate it, some people just kind of like it. It's definitely different, though seeing it today it won't seem quite as groundbreaking as it probably did when it first came out :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
It's a pretty cool movie. I really enjoyed it. I think I first saw it, eh... about 10 years ago, I'd have to say, and I've seen it like 4 times since then. Good stuff.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
And Helena Bonham Carter looks rather fine indeed in it ;)

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I have a co-worker who hasn't seen Office Space, Spaceballs, Top Gun, Saving Private Ryan, a single James Bond movie... I think he's seen 10 movies in his life. And he's almost 23. I don't know what he does with his free time.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I was late to watching this as well. I'm sure it's better when you go in not already knowing the end result thanks to the internets.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Interesting flick. I like that kind of shit. :yesway:
I expected to hate it - the previews made it look like a movie about Brad Pitt being a tough guy, which I expected to be annoying as hell, and only one or two steps removed from a chick flick (i.e - lots of Brad flexing without a shirt on).

In actuality, it was fucking awesome. There's a huge psychological aspect that the previews completely left out.

Pick up the book, Ken - there's a completely different ending, and the contrast is kind of interesting.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I watched it for a second time a year or two ago, and it's TOTALLY different when you know how it ends.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
This is a movie that requires 2 viewings. The initial viewing, then a 2nd viewing to catch all the little subtleties & to marvel at how well written the story is.

"I am Jack's smirking revenge."
"I am Jack's cold sweat"
"I am Jack's raging bile duct"
"I am Jack's broken heart"
"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"

"You are not your job.
You are not how much you have in the bank.
You are not the contents of your wallet.
You are not your fucking Khakis.
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of
the world."

"You are not special. You are not a
beautiful or unique snowflake. You are
the same decaying organic matter as
everything else."

"I'd be very careful who I talked to about
this paper. It sounds like some dangerous
psychotic killer wrote this,and this buttoned
down schizo could probably snap at any moment and
stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-180
carbine gas-operated semiautomatic."