Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Third Street Saint
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends. The prodigal son Jack Secret (or these days I go by GuitarAnthony) back to enthrall you with my latest purchase after a very long dry spell.

Now, A. my birthday isn't until April (also International Guitar Month!) but when something so rare and gorgeous appears just pretend it's your birthday!

B. I also bought a RGR5221 that's dead mint and I didn't have a hardtail anymore so I got that as well. Sucker for orange guitars.

SO...I found this beauty on one of the gear sale sites, chatted up the seller and snagged this girl...

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument accessory Guitar accessory String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory Wood

Yes! A 540PII in sunburst that emigrated from Sweden (or at least the guitar shop was in Sweden) to the USA with its owner. Didn't even know Ibanez did sunbursts on these. The guy had it in its case for 25 years only bringing it out recently to get a proper set up and use for studio work. Amazingly, and the axe gods only know how this could happen, there are no cracks in back of the locking nut or in the neck joint. Obviously not the original pickups but that's fine as I have a set to put in if I want to but I do like EMG's so maybe will leave.

I still cannot believe it. Not a single, solitary crack at the neck joint or at the locking nut...on a 30 year old plus Ibanez. This girl is dead mint. I cannot believe my luck. Seller (also original owner) mentioned his father went to Sweden to get him this guitar and it may even had been a limited run, perhaps up to 15 in sunburst done just for this shop. This one completely trumps the red one I had years back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
cool i knew they made that 30 frets or somthing but in that color thats cool and happy eraly B day my pops would have had his on the 12th.
i have realy never purchased a new guitar per say mostly used and has someone else corerector imprinted on the darn things lol wow on an original wizard neck yeah seems like eveveryone cranks the mounting screws down like it were a lug nut on a tire.

·
Third Street Saint
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I know I haven't been here in a long while but this place has really gone cold (not to mention the forum software change). What happened to all the guitar bros?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, I know I haven't been here in a long while but this place has really gone cold (not to mention the forum software change). What happened to all the guitar bros?
The main URL is blocked here because of needless forum drama, but look here to see where everyone went:

www . facebook.com / mmdotorg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts