Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine had gotten one from a trade and was wanting to know what the value of it was. Anyone here know?

said it was a sunburst paint job and was made in 92

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know this is a very small pic but this is his guitar... If this will help :lol:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Won't open. :scratch:

Value on these guitars is hard to call, because unlike the more sought after 'classics' like 540PII's, RX's all the old RG and S-series, it's really only worth what someone will pay for it. There's an original Ibanez Power I near me for sale at only £100 - the guy can't shift it because no one knows what it is! Crazy. If I had a spare £100 I'd grab it just for the original Edge trem...

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Won't open. :scratch:

Value on these guitars is hard to call, because unlike the more sought after 'classics' like 540PII's, RX's all the old RG and S-series, it's really only worth what someone will pay for it. There's an original Ibanez Power I near me for sale at only £100 - the guy can't shift it because no one knows what it is! Crazy. If I had a spare £100 I'd grab it just for the original Edge trem...
yeah it wont open probably becuz that is the max size of the image lol was a cell phone pic. it looks to have the Maple fretboad.. I know your not blind there :lol: and he said he things it has this bridge on it | WD Music Products

He is just trying to get a value so he can find out what to sale it at I guess.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he also said it sais 1200 but the year he was talking about I only found a 1700 model that looks like that.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also his pic looks to NOT have the Gaint EX in red but it is hard to tell from a cell phone pic lol

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
I wasn't ever that bad. :lol: As my computer gets older and less attractive compared to the young ones, I've consigned myself to blaming it for my problems.

Kind of like a wife.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wasn't ever that bad. :lol: As my computer gets older and less attractive compared to the young ones, I've consigned myself to blaming it for my problems.

Kind of like a wife.
:rofl:

Anyways back on topic...

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like its not a 1500, as the EX1500's had natural maple headstocks...
yeah he said it was an "EX1200" said the neck said it was made in 83 but was told it was from 92... So the 83 thing from the neck is probably just him not knowing what to look for to find its year. :lol:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
yeah he said it was an "EX1200" said the neck said it was made in 83 but was told it was from 92... So the 83 thing from the neck is probably just him not knowing what to look for to find its year. :lol:
Oh wow, not sure how I got "1500" when EX1200 is even in the title and all :lol: Ibanezregister.com doesn't even have a 1200 listed. Hmm...

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok yeah it IS in fact a 1700... I must of read his email wrong on facebook :lol:

So what do you guys think that could run if he wanted to sale it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts