Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Third Street Saint
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ibanez J.Custom RG6CST from '99 and equipped with the Double Edge piezo system. Let's see the specs:

# Mahogany Body w/ 3 mm Swamp Ash top
# 3 Piece maple, Ultra neck (if you're familiar with the Wizard neck, Ultra is around 2 mm thicker and also narrower)
# Ebony fretboard - blank with no inlays
# DiMarzio PAF Pro in the Neck position
# DiMarzio Tone Zone in the Bridge position
# 5-way pickup switch
# Ibanez Double Edge Piezo tremolo bridge
# Two output jacks (for separation of piezo & magnetic output, if needed)
# 2 Volume knobs (for piezo & magnetic, when output separated)
# 1 Tone knob
# 1 Toggle switch (to switch between magnetic & piezo)
# 1 Push button (to switch output mode)
# Ibanez hardcase included

There is only 24 made of these worldwide. It is in excellent condition (save for a scratch on the back when I was adjusting the springs) and plenty of life left in the frets.

$2600 USD which includes ground shipping/handling. If you're feeling saucy, I'll entertain offers as well. Paypal preferred.

I ship UPS ground and you'll get a tracking number right after shipping and an adult signature will be required upon delivery.

Check out my feedback on Jemsite (Jack Secret) and on ebay (jaksecret).

·
Third Street Saint
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I play all my guitars, too. from my $300 Ibanez SZ520 to my $6000 Ibanez Fireman. I simply don't need this one anymore. Doesn't mean I should sell it for peanuts when it's a first run JCustom. If it doesn't go on the 'bay (and the reserve is much lower than the $2600 BIN price) then I'll just keep it and try again some other time.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
:lol: Sorry dude, wasn't trying to poop on your thread. $2600 for an RG is just quite a bit of change for most guys on this site.
Remind us all just how much you've spent on music gear in the last 8 weeks? :p

·
Third Street Saint
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol: Sorry dude, wasn't trying to poop on your thread. $2600 for an RG is just quite a bit of change for most guys on this site.
I know, man. I wasn't being hostile towards you. It's all in the eye of the buyer what's worth it to them. I've got a few guitars on the 'bay right now and except for the 20th anniversary 550, nothing has really moved.

Besides, for ANY guitar, who bids 3 dollars (like someone did on one of mine). Really? Three dollars? Borderline simple with that.

·
Third Street Saint
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I'm bored. How do you figure this is only worth $1000? Please, enlighten. Just want to hear your expertise before I end up just bringing this to the Salvation Army donation storefront with old sneakers and a coffeemaker that may or may not produce turpentine flavored coffee.

·
Third Street Saint
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't you mean $1000 RG's? :p That's why it went to the 'bay. I had gotten it as part of a trade anyway with cash for my JCustom 7 string so there's no firm price on it. I'll drop it if it doesn't sell. I'm more into making my own guitars now (and the next custom will be awesome) and getting late 80's/early 90's fr00ty Ibanezes. I've lost money on some, made money on others. Shit happens when selling guitars. Maybe you should just lock the thread, Chris, since obviously, it's on the 'bay.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Don't you mean $1000 RG's? :p
I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN! :scream2:

your post said:
$2600 USD which includes ground shipping/handling. If you're feeling saucy, I'll entertain offers as well.
It is a gorgeous guitar, though. :yesway: If it wasn't for the rare-guitar-price-inflate (and I'm not saying that it isn't justified) I'd snag it.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Ok, I'm bored. How do you figure this is only worth $1000? Please, enlighten. Just want to hear your expertise before I end up just bringing this to the Salvation Army donation storefront with old sneakers and a coffeemaker that may or may not produce turpentine flavored coffee.
I think MSRP was a little lower, like $2600
From memory I'm going to say list was $3k
I believe Rich is right ballpark on the list price. I remember when they were for sale. Piezo models were limited edition then.
Straight from Jemsite. :shrug: Not sure if a 10 year old guitar inflates back up that much. :shrug:

·
Third Street Saint
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm gonna work out a trade with someone from home (Jemsite) who really wants this JCustom. He's got some good guitars to offer so maybe we'll work something out. Hell, may even take the Caparison bass.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
I just thought it was funny you were mad at someone for the exact same reason that you can't sell your guitar.

Bottom line is this dude, it's a recession. Luxury items like coffee-table guitars at $3k are just not selling right now. Do the smart thing and sit on it for a couple years then liquidate it when all of us are looking for a guitar with $ in our pockets to burn.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.