Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day mates !!!, Today for my neighborhood, I found this jem7VB from 2002 to 600 dollars !!, the only detail I found, says the seller who fell and broke the headstock, but without getting rid of, so it was arranged by a luthier, everything is original without any modification, the only problem is how I mention the broken headstock.
I leave photos aver if I do not shit and throw my savings for this jem or I do with the opportunity of my life jaj.

·
I think too much
1,877 Posts
Fitting that the replacement piece is a triangle. Sounds like you got a good deal if it plays/sounds good.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
I broke the headstock off mine twice....the 2nd time was because I did a shitty repair the first time, after the 2nd, it hasn't moved at all. Great deal!!!

Which model is it though? A 7V has gold hardware and I see a black tuner. There is no such model as a 7VB. Make sure this isn't a Chinese knock off!!!

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Yep, that's the smurf jem.

If you don't mind the damage from the fall, and if it plays well, I see no reason not to get it.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Oh, hell yeah, man! Buy that! You don't see MIJ JEM's for under a grand very often. Worst case scenario, if the finish damage drives you nuts, you could have it re-finished, or save money and do it yourself.

My JEM wasn't the only one that I've had repaired, I had an unfortunate incident with an RG570 and had to have that repaired as well. Both those necks were fine after it was done. From the pic, it looks like they did a good job at getting it fit back together, you can't see any gaps or areas where the wood is slightly higher on one side of the crack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts