Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Oxygen to CO2 converter
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hit Ibanez_USA up with a tweet (fuck I hate that word) about the new "Premium" series guitars and this is what I get back:

@melthorpe The Premium series is in a league of its own and is made at a dedicated Premium factory to the highest quality standards.

Anybody have any details on any of this info? League of its own? Dedicated factory?

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I was under the impression that Ibanez saw most of their current guitars as being 'Premium from a premium factory' already, given the prices they charge.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Seems like they're positioning them between Prestige (production) and J-Custom (super-limited hand-made in Japan).

Or are they below the Prestige line?

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Seems like they're positioning them between Prestige (production) and J-Custom (super-limited hand-made in Japan).

Or are they below the Prestige line?
Below the Prestige, but above standard production. As far as I'm concerned though, more choice is better. I'm willing to give these a chance too. But seen as you can get an RG1527 for £650 or there abouts new, I'm unsure whether I'll be picking on up over a Prestige 7 knowing their pricing.

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Basically it's Indo Prestige, they just don't want the backlash of having "Prestige" on them.

I wish they would stop this shit and just make all their fucking guitars better. We didn't need a "Prestige" line in 1990 because the guitars spoke for themselves.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Below the Prestige, but above standard production. As far as I'm concerned though, more choice is better. I'm willing to give these a chance too. But seen as you can get an RG1527 for £650 or there abouts new, I'm unsure whether I'll be picking on up over a Prestige 7 knowing their pricing.
...show me anywhere selling an RG1527 for £650. That's a two year old price, going rate is £850 now.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Toshiro said:
Basically it's Indo Prestige, they just don't want the backlash of having "Prestige" on them.

I wish they would stop this shit and just make all their fucking guitars better. We didn't need a "Prestige" line in 1990 because the guitars spoke for themselves.
This.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I will be trying them out when the local store gets them depending on the street price. The finishes are quite nice, especially the purple and orange.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Shock! Awe! An RG with a veneer!

:shrug:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

This.
This +1. Ibanez ended in 2002 for me.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
...show me anywhere selling an RG1527 for £650. That's a two year old price, going rate is £850 now.
I'm guessing they are going to hike it up even more now, that there is this Premium line. Insert something in the middle, raise the price of the top.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'm guessing they are going to hike it up even more now, that there is this Premium line. Insert something in the middle, raise the price of the top.
:agreed:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I will be trying them out when the local store gets them depending on the street price. The finishes are quite nice, especially the purple and orange.

·
In brightest day...
422 Posts
These are going to sell for $800-900 depending on the model. I have the prices for each.

This is there way of hiking up the prices on the Prestige models. The Rg1570 was the cheapest Prestige that you could get and used to be around 700. Why buy the Premium model that is subpar to the Prestige if you could get the Prestige for cheaper. Well, I don't believe you can anymore. I don't remember seeing any Prestiges in the price range of under 1k. I believe they are trying to set the Premium line for just under a grand and the Prestige series to start at 1k and go up from there. Then you can get the limited edition and J. Custom stuff all above 2k.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts