Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Anyone have experience with these? I just need something really easy to carry about and cheap. I can pick one of the 500w ones up for £360. Just need to know if it's any good :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Expensive IIRC :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
I'm not familiar with them, but that price seems to be right in the range of the Ampeg B-series stuff, which is actually pretty decent. I've heard a few guys using them where I thought they were using the higher-end Ampeg stuff.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Except this weighs a fraction of that Ampeg stuff.

I've heard good reviews. Certainly small, light, and relatively powerful at 500W into 4 ohms, although I've also heard you'll need a big cab if you're running into 8 ohms to keep up with a hard-hitting drummer.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
I'm not familiar with them, but that price seems to be right in the range of the Ampeg B-series stuff, which is actually pretty decent. I've heard a few guys using them where I thought they were using the higher-end Ampeg stuff.
Ampeg B-series range starts at £699RRP, £589 street over here. I.e almost twice the price. :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you're in the market for lightweight heads I'd suggest looking at the Genz Benz Shuttle series. They're light and very powerful. I'd also suggest looking at Markbass, Euphonic audio and TC Electronics.

In fact, this video might help

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
IIRC, Markbass is quite a bit pricier. I have not tried the TC Electronic mini stuff, but is way up there price-wise. I have heard good things about the Shuttles too.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't give that video a watch, since I'm at work, I'll watch it when I get home, however, both the MarkBass and Genz-Benz stuff are looking at an extra £200 each at least. Not sure about the TC stuff though. If it's up in price with the other 2, I'll just grab the Ibanez :)

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
TC is the most expensive of the heads (barring the top-end Genz Benz) so the Promethean is probably your best choice price-wise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts