Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one from Shannon/Mesh when I got the guitar, but I've no idea what the hell I did with it and don't want to hose my piezo, or trace wires for two hours. :lol: I think the KG-Mod is Kevan's crazy wiring that makes it so you don't need to switch jacks.

I have to get these fucking blackouts out of the 2027. Anyone have a stock schematic handy for a 2027?

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
You're a good friend.

If you can't be arsed going near Jemsite :)lol:)
The KJG Diagram, AND Hot Backpack Girl. What more could a thread need???

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:lol: All sorts of win, thanks! :yesway:

So assuming that I want to keep the KJG, all I really need to do is unwire the blackouts and drop the leads that run from the jack to the 9V for the blackouts, yes?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You'll need to swap out the pots as well back to 500k as these are small 50k pots meant for actives. Also be very very careful of the small thin braided wire that comes out of the bridge and solders (very weakly) to the pcb board that is the preamp. That's the do or die wire for piezos.

Good luck - that cavity is already jammed packed with crap even before I decided to put in actives. :lol:

Hit me up with a PM and your addy - if I can find the stock passive pots I'll send them to ya for the price of shipping.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great to know about the pots, thanks dude! :yesway:

Edit: I have some 500s laying around, thank you though. :wub:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Great to know about the pots, thanks dude! :yesway:

Edit: I have some 500s laying around, thank you though. :wub:
No prob - just because the Ibanez pots are like mini-micro/whatever miniature size they are man... pain in the butt to buy pots and you go home to find the diameter is larger than the hole in the guitar :lol:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Nice, I needed these diagrams as well! I think I will put D-Activators into my 1527, and move the Liquifire/Crunchlab into my 2027.

Anybody else think that is a good idea? Liquifire/crunchlab are lower output, so I was hoping in the mahogany 2027, they would be warm and smooth, where I just want my 1527 to be more brootal!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
No prob - just because the Ibanez pots are like mini-micro/whatever miniature size they are man... pain in the butt to buy pots and you go home to find the diameter is larger than the hole in the guitar :lol:
Been there.

Done that :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts