Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Randy

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm hoping this leads to a full-fledged Prestige MIJ RGR1565M reissue. Not that I'd pay that much for one right now, but I'd love to see one.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Edge III + Wizard II = :( :(

The neck is the bigger dealbreaker for me though.

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
As cool as these look I can't imagine them being particularly mind-blowing, bit of a limited run too so I'll probably not get to play one but I can probably guess how they play.

I just wish these were MIJ and there was a black one :lol: that said a neon green one would rule.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

They changed the wizard II again recently. I've justplayed a new 350 red maple one and an s320 with the wizard two and it's different again, a bit thicker, but a hair rounder. Still flat like any ibby neck but not fucking square like they did with the 2 for so long. I really likeit actually

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Kagami said:
^that sounds promising about the neck because the old Wizard 2 is unplayable for me
The OLD wizard II was amazing (like pre 2001, and early 01). Then it got boxy and gross until (hopefully) now.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
I played one about two weeks ago. They're made in Indonesia and whilst it was ok, it was nothing that would make me want to sell any of my Ibanez guitars.
As others have said, MIJ and a good trem would be a much better idea :yesway:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
The OLD wizard II was amazing (like pre 2001, and early 01). Then it got boxy and gross until (hopefully) now.
I'm hoping this too, old Wizard 2s are sick. And I suppose you can replace the Edge III with an Edge Pro for non routed goodness.

While this may be a mere shadow of the older superior 565s, the MIIs have improved significantly as of late.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.