Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
It's probably soaked through quite a bit. And most likely it's a paper thin veneer and you would chance sanding it right off. I wouldn't bother. Go the plain 7321 route and do it yourself. :yesway:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
It's probably soaked through quite a bit. And most likely it's a paper thin veneer and you would chance sanding it right off. I wouldn't bother. Go the plain 7321 route and do it yourself. :yesway:
This. Or If you want wait for the RG7320 to come out THEN do that :lol:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
If I was to get one on these and sand it back would the veneer on the top go back to bare wood or would the stain have soaked through?

Ibanez.com | Electric Guitars | RG7321FM

Maybe I'll just get a plain 7321 and laminate it. Not something I've tried before.
Just get a plain one and laminate it. I failed at my attempt to do this, but I know what I did wrong and if I wouldn't have got frustrated and sold it, I could have easily fixed it and it would've looked great. Make sure when you sand it down to get all of the sanding sealer off before gluing on the veneer or it will not adhere to the body correctly. Use bags of sand on top of the veneer/body to hold it down, I put a bunch of extra weights and tools on top of the sand bags even to make sure it was enough, but the sand bags will make sure the veneer adheres to the elbow cut, etc. :yesway:

·
BT
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you're probably right. Just get a plain one. I do like the color of the hardware though, I think it's sort of tungsten? I'd probably prefer chrome.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

abt said:
Yeah, you're probably right. Just get a plain one. I do like the color of the hardware though, I think it's sort of tungsten? I'd probably prefer chrome.
Black cosmo they call it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts