1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
I'm going to change my guitar and I'm considering to get this bad baby :metal:
Electric Guitars - RGA72TQMZ | Ibanez guitars
These ibanez pups seem ok, but my question is: it's possible to swap them with emgs or blackouts?:confused:
I ask you this because I don't know how does the active eq works and because the pups are powered by 2 AA batteries not the traditionals 9 volts..:facemelt:
Thank you for the help guys and may the force be with you! :cool:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
FWIW, if you put EMG's or Blackouts in, or any passives, you'll still want to replace the pots with something better (and turn that goddamn shitty EQ switch into a killswitch or something better!). The only snag you might hit is not being able to fit a 9v battery in the cavity, but there's plenty of guides around that show you how to do it. If you don't want the hassle, just stick it in the cavity cover. That's exactly where the battery is in my RGD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sorry for my mistake i meant a toggle switch for an active eq to use with EMGs or Blackouts...:confused:

I know the d-activators and I think that they havea sound to much clear and brigh for me :nono:

Yeah, for the battery there's no problem I know how to fit it in the control cavity thanks

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
There's an active EQ already built into it, but they sound awful. The best thing you'll do with the EQ in it (the toggle switch) is to either put a tone pot in, or a killswitch, honestly, the EQ sucks massive amounts of ass.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Off-topic : anyone tried one? (RGA42FM)

Sam Ash is blowin' them out for 250$... Beside electronics and pups, might a very good value at that price.
Seconding this. Any word on quality or any coupon codes for Sam Ash?

I might hit that. Tired of having deadbeat friends fuck around on my Jacksons when I want to jam, and it would be cool to have something I could haul over to the music building to practice with without worrying about it getting damaged or anything.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Off-topic : anyone tried one? (RGA42FM)

Sam Ash is blowin' them out for 250$... Beside electronics and pups, might a very good value at that price.
Where is this? Im on the site but I see nothing of this guitar

Edit: Nevermind, I found it

http://www.samash.com/p/Ibanez_RGA42 Electric Guitar Assorted Colors_797228

they're 100 bucks cheaper than the GRGA's, I've played them before, nice guitars if you're not a picky person. I'm thinking of snagging one just for Drop C.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.