Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
looks all right I guess, not really thrilled about that particular one.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's mediocre, but the scale is right, and so is the price. It's basically a touch more than a 7321, and nets you mahogany instead of basswood, and set neck instead of a bolt-on.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
People have been going crazy about those since NAMM. A few guys on ss.org have them and so far the reviews have been good. They just need new pickups. ;)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
People have been going crazy about those since NAMM. A few guys on ss.org have them and so far the reviews have been good. They just need new pickups. ;)
Par for the course there. :lol:

Of all the things (though they'll never admit it) guitar companies listened to us about over the years, Ibanez still shipping their sevens with those horrendous pickups continues to be mind-boggling.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Yeah, it's mediocre, but the scale is right, and so is the price. It's basically a touch more than a 7321, and nets you mahogany instead of basswood, and set neck instead of a bolt-on.
well in that case, thats a good deal and the fact that it's passive pickups instead of actives is an even better bonus.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Might i suggest:

(with a few extra pole pieces)
As I said in the other thread, I have a SC7 custom coming. :) It will probably get Aftermaths, but I can't get into those covers. They look awesome without the, uh, scrapes?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, THAT looks fucking fantastic. :yesway:

Which are those? That's what I'm saying though - why anyone would pick the tiger-claw thing over that is beyond me, but to each their own.

Edit: And where can I get a brushed nickel TOM? :D

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Only Chris cares about this ->: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Those are Nailbombs for a swamp ash guitar in my build queue. :)

But I'm pretty sure Aftermaths could be ordered with only one row of holes.

The only place I've seen a satin TOM was on some lower-end import Jackson's and maybe a Cort or two.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Pretty sure a schaller would be available, although I dunno about for a 7

Dave at frets on the neck could probably hook it up pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Par for the course there. :lol:

Of all the things (though they'll never admit it) guitar companies listened to us about over the years, Ibanez still shipping their sevens with those horrendous pickups continues to be mind-boggling.
Don't they ship most of their guitars with horrendous pickups?

Seems like an automatic with Ibanez anymore - buy an Ibanez - buy a new set of pick-ups.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Why oh why can't Ibanez design a 3+3 headstock that doesn't suck?

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
The question is, should I give a damn that Ibanez released a 7-string singlecut?

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
there were a couple of these on the bay last week listed in the mid $400.00's
I'd like to try one but I wouldn't be interested in buying without playing it first.
(not like I need another 7 either :rolleyes: )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts