Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: me too I also remember him saying how much he hated ibanez in an interview years ago

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
If these are available as a drop in replacement for EMG 707's I'd give them a try.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I was really impressed with their tone in Keith Merrow's SD bridge pickup demo video. I bet they'd melt faces on a seven. And if they're like the 6-string versions, they'll have "seven" silkscreened on the side. :metal:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Guitar One Magazine April 2000:

GO: As a guitar teacher, what's your biggest beef with teaching young guitarists?

MT: Seven-strings! I'm a guitar teacher and I see this stuff. Little kids go buy seven-strings and they can play on only three of them. What the hell is that? I'm 26 and I've been downtuned to B since I was 17 years old. It's nothing new to me. Everybody else is like, "Whoa, you can change your tuning?" I'm like, "Yeah, why don't you bump up your string gauges? Why are you playing a set of .009s tuned down to B? It's trendy as hell. You'll be able to pick them up in pawn shops in two years. I'm like, "Learn how to play six strings before you learn how to play seven!"
Whatever, ****.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Well nothing is saying that MT is going to play seven strings just that S/D is making a MT Blackout in a seven string version. Probably more to do with S/D's smart marketing group than MT being less of a tool.

I have to say I have a set of these in my S420 Ibanez and I love them. Might have to try a set of the sevens out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts