Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Ibanez USRG30TP.

Ibanez Register said:
The PBC necks feature a 3/8" cold-rolled steel bar that runs the length of the neck. It relieves all tension on the wood of the neck, dramatically increases stability and sustain, and puts an end to dead spots. It also allowed all neck adjustments to be made from the heel of the guitars without even detuning.
I have personally never played another Ibanez like a USRG. For Ibanez, the guitars are exceptionally heavy, yet so well balanced that when they are strapped on very little difference in weight can be felt when compared to a comparable model with a basswood body. The neck is a bit beefier than a Wizard neck but not so thick that it slows down play or feels awkward. The combination of direct-mounted DiMarzio pickups, PBC neck, body wood, and the bright and clear tonality of the Lo-Pro Edge give these guitars incredible sustain, tone, and power. The USRG line is truly worthy of legend status.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
I was stupid to get rid of mine. Then again, I was stupid to get rid of a lot of things that I have.

·
EMERRRRRRRY!
720 Posts
Yeah those USRG30's are pretty killer Ibbys too, I had the chance to grab one but I didn't have the cash when my buddy was selling. Still wish I had grabbed it, it played and sounded great. :(

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Ibanez USA Custom RG. I had one just like that 10 years ago, only with a fixed bridge. I want to say its a USRG30.

Ibanez US Custom Series
Yep.

I found one of those in my local guitar shop one day - the top had faded in the sun a bit, and I'd never seen one of the "tension free" necks so I thought it was a REALLY funky headstock break repair or something (which makes no sense, so I don't know why I thought that). It sounded awesome and played great, but because the neck worried me a little I passed, even though they only had it tagged at $400.

Like two weeks later I happened to stumble across the USRG page on Jemsite. :lol: It was gone the next time I was in there, and I've always kind of kicked myself for that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.